• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy idea: PEC carbon pot (The P. D. recommended one)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
OK, here's what happened: I DID spin the concentric 25k pt off into a separate buy , BUT i didn't spliit this thread. I DID create the WIKI
page to track this special sub-order.

Here is where we were, , we had two orders:

The order of all different types at about $40 ea.

The order of 25k concentric at about $27 ea.

we need about 50 orders I believe to make either order work.

For the 25k concentric pot, we need about 50 orders. We have about 25.

I am giving up on the special 25k concentric order.
Apparently the price difference wasn't appealing enough. to generate more interest.

It has a disadvantage in that it also cannibalizes about 20 pieces from the order of all different types.

So now there is one order again- the one for all types at a higher cost.

cdoggy: Please feel free to change the WIKI around to use it to track the order of all types. I will move on to different pots, and am not interested in any of this tyoe

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
OK, I converted the wiki to use for orders of multiple values of PEC pots:

http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=PEC+Carbon+Potentiometer+Group+Buy

AND:

I listed all the people in the previous list
If you are interested in ordering please check it and correct any
mistakes I made

Of course add yourself if you want to order !
Just copy one of the previous lines to the bottom of the list, then edit it to your name and how many of each you want, and the total.

I deleted the people who want 25k concentric pots- sorry. I didn't want to assume you wanted 25k conventional stereo pots
I am no longer interested in ordering pots

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I don't think anyone is too late, because nothing has happened yet. I guess I should have included the people who ordered the 25k concentric pots on the new wiki, sorry. As I mentioned, I no longer have any involvement in this order but I hope the wiki helps. Everyone check to make sure I entered your desires correctly!

Mark

Because the issue of channel tracking error seems to be a concern in these pots, I've decided to use two single pots for my needs even though I hate that kind of arrangement.

I'm not in a position to buy several pots to cherrypick from, so I'm going to withdraw my name from wiki. I'd hate to get a stereo pot to find that it tracks unevenly, especially since they are not cheap.

If I was sure that the tracking was good, I'd go for the stereo pot with no question.

Thanks to all who organized the group buy.

Best,
KT

mantisory,
Sorry to hear that :( It is VERY hard trying to organize things, make everyone happy, & have other people adding in when they shouldn't.

To all who are still interested, I am now back on track & want to go on with the order. I will be making a list & posting if soon of who wants what. Thanks for being soooooo patient :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.