• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group buy AD1865N-K from Rochester Electronics

Hello everybody,

I try to find genuine AD1865 chips, but unsuccessful.
In Ebay only fakes. One remaining oportunity is Rochester. Prices are high, but there no more chanses to find genuine product elsewhere. Minimum order price is 250$ + 48$ shipping, that means minimum order quantity is 6 pcs of AD1865. I need only 2 pcs. If anyone want colaborate with me, please send me PM or email: tadas.dadurka@gmail.com

link: Analog Devices AD1865N-K

Best regards.

up
icon2.gif

AD1865 (the same for AD1862) were never faked as repacked device ... they are true R-2R dacs on ebay mostly pulled out from older devices (and all which I bought are working good) ...

but PCM1704 on ebay is faked with "K" remarking and are desoldered from older devices and these parts can be damaged with desoldering

--> miro1360
You are wrong. Yes, chips from ebay working, but sound quality not the same as genuine chips. In most ebay announcements You can see that country of manufacture is China.
For example AD1865 with fake markings: AD1865N-K Package:DIP-24,Complete Dual 18-Bit 16 3 FS Audio DAC | eBay
I keep contact with many sellers and no one of them can't assure their chips genuinity. Suppliers from China hasn't COC of AD1865.
Rochester is certificated supplier.

Last edited:
yes, you are right, somewhere in china exist manufacture which is funding uneconomic expensive production of R2R architecture AD1865 ...

AD1865 is obsolete and I doubt that Rochester have genuine AD1865 (genuine means original supplied from Analog Devices) - they can have it from old stock (it can be also china) - they can be also refurbished from old devices, how can you be sure that it is genuine suplied by analog devices? ... sellers in china are remarking these chips, they can remark ad1865 with N-K or another marking ... but there is not cheap replacement for AD1865 ...

another case it is with opamps - they are remarked and faked because it will pay off, seller take cheapest opamp and create new marking and try sell ... like here, this is fake: OP AMP IC BURR-BROWN/BB/TI DIP-8 OPA627BP OPA627BPG4 | eBay

but not AD1865 (even with new marking, inside chip it still be AD1865) :D

Rochester buys stock remnants directly from Analog Devices. If You doubt, please contact with Rochester sales office and they should send You Certificate of Conformance. Only autorized distributors can do that.

You want to prove, that in ebay are genuine products?
Maybe in best scenario You buy remarked original chip to K grade, but how to know that chip will be not manufacture in China? They can conterfeiting pretty well replicas.
In my case, simplest way is pay more money with guarantee, that I will get original parts.

Best regards.

They can conterfeiting pretty well replicas.

they can remarking pretty well original parts with higher grade marking, that is all ... all AD1865 which I got from ebay were pulled out from older devices, it is well visible on pins -- and this is not a functionality problem :D ...
problem is with smd parts, they are desoldered and quality is degraded with high temperature

I dont know one R2R chip which was conterfeiting (I know only remark to higher grade) ...

Please read reviews from other peoples about chips from ebay. Most complain about not working chips and different sound.
I think You're lucky to bought the genuine, but used chips, as You said pulled out from other devices.
At this moment no more listings with used condition chips.
The Chinese don't need a factory to make a chips. For them, it's a light work when don't have to keep up with quality.
Just look at how many different brand things are faked.

You are both right
There is no factory in China producing fake AD1865s (no such market like LM3886) and ebay N-K marked DACs are most probably fake remarked chips that don't sound like the genuine N-Ks.
I would have participated but I've already bought some a long time ago, still waiting to be put in use.

"bad" is not "fake", bad means non-working ... he claims that

AD1865 was build in different factories around the world. Some may have from Malaysia, some from Philippines, some from ....
this one is old N series from Philippines: https://ctrlv.cz/shots/2017/11/25/absF.png
this is newer version: https://ctrlv.cz/shots/2017/11/25/EXMw.png

I got bad expensive LM stabilizators from farnell, they just were not working and from local suplier were working, sold me farnell fake?

all AD1865/AD1862 from ebay I have are working, I have about 20 AD1862 and 5 AD1865 chips from ebay, I tried them all in my dacs and all are working ... I bough them year ago from different sellers, with different markings ...

but I bought also 4 PCM1704 from aliexpress in cheap price and I am 100% sure that they are refurbished (desoldered and cleaned) SMDs and they are not working because were corrupted with high temperature during desoldering process ...

Last edited:
Hello everybody,

I try to find genuine AD1865 chips, but unsuccessful.
In Ebay only fakes. One remaining oportunity is Rochester. Prices are high, but there no more chanses to find genuine product elsewhere. Minimum order price is 250$ + 48$ shipping, that means minimum order quantity is 6 pcs of AD1865. I need only 2 pcs. If anyone want colaborate with me, please send me PM or email: tadas.dadurka@gmail.com

link: Analog Devices AD1865N-K

Best regards.

Hi,
I have 2 of these I am willing to part with. Bought 8 or 9 years ago for a DAC project that never got going, instead went with TDA1541. Message me if interested. $90 USD for pair, plus shipping. See attachment. These are bottom stamped "Malaysia"

Gary

Attachments

• 20171124_132604.jpg
    20171124_132604.jpg
    787.3 KB · Views: 417
Last edited: