• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Grid resistors -> GND

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cheers - yes he's put it on the new PCB. It was easy to add into the old one anyway.
As pointed out by Ruffrecords, it was only needed to even up the voltages on the four output triode plates - the amp itself sounds fine without it.

As for using the 12AT7 or the 12AX7 on the input, Broskie actually gives examples of circuits using these tubes in the input differential stage, by increasing the current setting resistor of the LM334, so I don't understand what he means here.

Just last night I used 10R as the current setting resistor for the GE 6072A and found 145v on the plates, with a bias of 1.3v, the resulting sound was excellent.

Do you think he is assuming the thread reads as if there are 12AX7/12AT7 tubes on the output stage? That's the only way an LT3092 could be needed as far as I can tell.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.