Greetings from Portland, OR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking on the site for a month or so, reading up on various topics from SET amps to the Whammy headphone amp. New Years day seems like a fine time to introduce myself!

I've been an 'audiophile' probably since high school, a handful of decades ago. The bug started as a result of taking up the sax in middle school (we called it Jr. High back then!), which opened my ears to the fact that there's more music in the world than top 40 radio.

Skipping ahead to present day, the kids are grown and the last one will be off the payroll in 18 months so I've started looking to get reacquainted with old interests to fill the time/void. I started playing the sax again about 5 years ago with a local 60 piece wind ensemble. It's great fun and a real challenge at times for this middle aged brain and fingers!

On the audio front, I have a fairly nice system but feel the itch to see if I can better it through my own efforts:

VPI Prime/JMW10-3D tonearm
Denon DL-103 in Audio Musikraft magnesium body
Altec-Peerless 4722 mic transformers configured as a SUT
George Wright WPL-20 pre-amp with Sylvania 6ER5, Telefunken 12AU7 smooth plates, Tungsol 6SN7 round plates
George Wright AU-15 2A3 push pull monos with RCA dual plates
Holo Audio Spring Level III, KTE DAC
Rogers LS3/5a 15 Ohm and Fostex FE166ES/R in a BLH

DYI projects to date:
The BLH enclosures for the FE166s, which are done except for paint.
A Whammy HPA, which I got for Christmas and is mostly done except for fitting the case.

Next up, I'm interested in building a SET, either 2A3 or 300B, as my first tube amp project.

I'm looking forward to being part of this community. I hope you'll all excuse the newbie questions!

Cheers,
Keith

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.