Greetings from Illinois

Hello All

Former audio enthusiast turned recent convert after reading about the BBC LS 3/5a (Yes, i've been living under a rock for 40+ years).

Curiousity got the better of me, and I dabbled around and got lucky with a pair of Tangent RS2s. The sound is impressive and the staging even more so. Downright unbelievable how good they sound for the age.

Other hobbies? Cars, AFOL (Adult fan of Lego), love geeking out on PC hardware.

Thank you for the inclusion. Hope to share and learn more!

Cheers

Reactions: 1 user
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
RS2 can dosome bass, and is less coloured and less boxy than the LS3/5A.

We had them both in the shop at the same time. We probably sold at least 10 of the Tangents to every LS3/5A.

Both speakers use the same tweeter, the Tangent has an 8” Audax, the LS3/5A a 5” KEF. The newer Audax were less coloured.

John Greenbank — cheif designer — came visit us a number of times (we could well have been their largest dealer in North America) and i learned much from him.

Company tubed when they tried to expend too fast into electronics and a TT, none of which were decent or well built.

dave

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for that. I've managed to source NOS Audax drivers and the T27s. I am working on a DIY project to replicate the RS2s in a new enclosure with a new crossover.

Once I have adequate measurements, possibly look at a suitable 8" driver replacement to substitute the Audax HD20 BJ25 coz of unavailability. (I'd like to save the NOS drivers for my RS6/OG RS2 set).

PS: I am jealous that you had the privilege of meeting John. I would've loved to pick his brain and get his insights on the design process.

Last edited: