GPA 416/515 + Eminence Lab15 16-500 combo, or?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

It is time for a new bass system :)
I have been using my GPA 416 16B as direct radiators for some time now and they perform very well indeed. They play together with Feastrex D9e or horn loaded Lowther PM4 and as good as it all is, i still lack some dynamic consistency in the mid bass. Therefore i think it is time to extend the horn loading a few octaves downwards. The room where all this sits has a large volume but is quite narrow so the idea is to use the floor and side walls as much as possible.
I have so far looked at two options. One is a wall supported horn/BR with 2x GPA as per below. It would still need a sub for the last octave or so.

The other one is a front horn with the GPA from say 60-500 and under that 2x Lab15 in the same cabinet. This one would also go up against the wall and have one big benefit, it´s low profile. This will make sure it would not interfere to much with the mid/high part of the system.

I will not build and test both (not in the near future at least :D ) and i have a very hard time to make up my mind between the two.....HELP!!!

//Anders

Attachments

• bot_r.jpg
    bot_r.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 3x15_assy_top.jpg
    3x15_assy_top.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 3x15_assy_top_open.jpg
    3x15_assy_top_open.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 98
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.