Got subs today for B-day present

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In all honesty I'd return them.If you have a low power setup they should work out but anywhere near their rms power and they start to smell like burning voice coil.They don't sound bad and get decently loud but I just don't believe they will last.Just my opinion though.I've never heard anything good about audiobahn products.On the other hand there is a ton of subs that have a "smell" when they are new like kicker subs.With a reputation like audiobahn though its easy to quickly say they are junk even though that might not be the case.Very cool present though.I'd be happy to come home to a pair of pyramid subs.

Was at a pawn shop one day and they had some audiobahns...the cone and former were pure fairly heavy aluminum, just those two pieces. They were hogs, huge travel. I'm more SQ so they didn't appeal to me but the younger guy there was all excited. The whole cone is a heatsink for the VC.

I do have a digital audio 12 that is an audiobahn with the fat surround and some 500wrms rating or whatever. I had another 12 in a box that was too small and got this because the cone was more like a 10"...and I got a deal on it too of course. Anyway it worked pretty good; only had a 2x75 PPI on it but it would get moving and did act like a smaller driver in that box...about 1.25cf box. Sure looks cool, some of the dub look about the same. I have a 250.2 dub amp I will sell you to run them, you will not have to worry about blowing them.... lol!! :D It is a little thing.

IMHO since I don't run huge power near any sub will work for me. The enclosure has more effect on sound than the driver. I'm real tempted to get some old school efficient drivers for my IB setup if I swap them out again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.