Got a pair of Celesta Utah Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all, I recently got a pair of Celesta Utah speakers from my late grandfathers diy system he made years ago. They still work perfectly fine and have been sitting unused for many years.

My question is if anyone know anything about these things? Any good? Specs? When made? Any thoughts appreciated thanks!

Label on them say:

Celesta
Utah
Huntington, Indiana
8ohms

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Somewhere in this forum is a thread with a picture of a newspaper article and a guy who is a devotee of the old speakers.

I don't know how good the speakers are but a suitable inexpensive driver may be installable to improve upon the old sound and keep the vintage look.

Speaker drivers have evolved to a much higer level since those speakers were built. They cannot compete with modern designs but with carful driver choice they may sound much better than the originals.

Hezz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.