Goodmans Axiom 80 / 201: anyone got some measured T/S parameters?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just if anyone is interested, these are the Audiom61 / Axiom301 TS parameters I was given.

Fs 34Hz
Qts 0.217
Qes 0.23
Qms 3.4
VAS 311 Litres
Xmax 6mm
Piston area 0.0491 sq metres
SPL 96dB (1W/1M)
Flux density 1.6T

As I say, these are figures I was given. I now have four 15 Ohm Axiom 301s (2 with copper coils, 2 with aluminium coils) as well as a pair of 8 Ohm Audiom 61s, so I really ought to get down to it and measure the parameters for myself!

Here are impedance and phase plots for a pair of axiom 80´s, "Wembley"-production.
I got also response curves in axis, 15, 30 and 45 degrees (baffle in anechoic chamber). In the case someone is interested to see them please let me know.
No, they are not t/s data you were askin for, but hopefully something of interest.

Yes, zMax really is 800 ohm.

Attachments

• getmsg.gif
    getmsg.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 622
Here are graphs of two drivers. Seems to be in 0, 20, 30 and 60 degrees and on axis, not as I remembered. Measured at 0,3 volts, with some fancy Bruel&Kjaers equipment in the Gradient Loudspeaker Company's anechoic chamber.
Dip around 900 hz is due baffle size.
Seems to generate 75 db with 0,3volts in 1 khz.

Attachments

• good1.gif
    good1.gif
    26.7 KB · Views: 770
Re: Re: Axiom 80 specs

maxro said:

You're not the person who won those NOS Axiom 80s from the UK on ebay, are you? They went for "some bucks", indeed.

I think the Twinax 220c drivers I got on ebay were so cheap because there is absolutely no information about them on the net.

Max

Hi Max, that wasn't me. These Axiom 80's have never been on the market before, at least not for 40 years anyways.

TS Thiel Small spec for Axiom 80 Goodmans....

...better late than never, eh?

I was looking for these myself but couldn't find any on the web so I thought I should do the public service bit and measure one and post it. Actually this was the most average example of three I had in my hands at the time so it should be a good representation of what the drivers give today now that they are all 40+ years old!
Most interesting to me was the Cms of more than 2mm/N and Qts of >15. ...just shows how free that cantilever suspension is! cf a Tannoy 10" gold I measured at the same time that gave less than 0.4mm/N. I was a bit surprised the cone mass was so heavy - about 70% of the Tannoy which has a very thick cone compared to the Goodmans.

John Corneille
Melbourne, Australia

vas 264
fs 28.26
qms 15.4
qes .221
qts .218
re 10.8
dB 96.3
sd .0305
bI 11.6
cms 2.04 mm/N
mms 15.58g
z min 11.8
z max 764

...just 30 mins earlier today I booked a slot at a friends measurement facility, and then thogut to check this thread again. What a nice coincidence!
We will make similar measurements for Axiom 80, Lomo Kinap 4A-32u4 and probably for a Stephens Trusonic fr80 too.
Good to have two sets of measurements.

vas, fs and sensitivity seems to be pretty much the same as is manufacturer's statement.
zmin an max seems to be exactly same what I found earlier.

Last edited:
Cold thread but what the heck I thought I would try: anyone have the TS measurements for the Triaxioms? Mine are close to the 612's in design but are somewhat unique. Also what is the approximate efficiency of these drivers? I am trying some chip amps and was curious how much juice I need. These seem to do alright with 8w or so. Not as much punch as the dynaco but perhaps more refined.

Thanks,

Jason

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.