good source for good motorcycle speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I am planning to put speakers on my pedal bike. I had previously found some decent waterproof marine speakers but was told that this was overkill for going out in the rain, and the quality would be worse.
I ride in the rain, regardless of how heavy it is so i dont want some easily destroyed speaker.

I need something efficient (most important), weatherproof (2nd most important) and small/light (3rd most important). I know I wont make a system below 150hz, maybe even 300 hz.

So Ive been told motorcycle speakers are good for this but I cant find a good source for them. Does anyone know a source for motorcycle speakers or something like this?

Car speakers, no. Nothing with a paper cone.

If I were you I'd look for a local supplier who stocks Mylar cone speakers. They're generally not very efficient though, and the low frequencies aren't, very.

50mm Mylar Speaker RoHS Compliant : Mylar Paper Speakers : Maplin

There isn't an easy, cheap fix that meets all your criteria.

In this country helmets are mandatory on a motorbike. Easy fix. Low profile speakers, put them in the helmet. Otherwise you'd hear nothing, with the wind noise, helmet. Don't you wear a cycling helmet? Most people do, here, now. Cyclists have an iPod or similar + in-ear phones. Traffic noise (not hearing it) can be a problem, if the phones offer good blocking of ambient. A cycling helmet makes a convenient mounting place though.

w

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.