Good hi-fi, home use, 12inch coaxials???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I personally see no problem using PA coax drivers for home use. With careful driver selection, customized crossovers to address cone breakups and phase, and further build a rock solid cabinet design you can easily avoid the “problems” PA is known for and by doing so in many cases outperform dull ineffective traditional hifi for something incredibly musical and engaging, yet simple and maintainable, much like older 12” Tannoys. Personally I am incredibly satisfied with my Eminence coax builds compared to my traditional hifi. They’re not perfect and need more attention to crossover but they have musicality, power and dynamics, and effortlessness especially, that I’m not use to in this price range and design simplicity. I may not be the pickiest dude however so I cannot say how it looks on paper with distortion and impedance curves etc. I guess the amp will have a lot to say as well. I’m sure with B&C drivers you can really create something fantastic, I’ve considered the following for my next project, shared neo magnet should improve phase and simplify xo.

12CLX64rear_b.png

B&C Speakers

As i said in OP, i'd like a Hi-Fi sound, smother then Pro drivers. (I have some JBL Scoops; 4530's with 2225 in there, to rock the house, in the basement!!!).
I'm biased on Air suspension, deep bass sound OR a passive radiator, instead of BR. A passive, IMHO does not mate well with pro PA, acordion surround woofers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.