• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Giant 1:1 Center tapped transformer fo sale!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one really big transformer I found in my grandma's basement. According to my grampa it had come out of an electric stove. It has all 12 guage wires coming out of it. All of those wires have a second layer of insulation to protect it from high heat. This transformer is roughly thirty years old with almost no rust. It can easily be rewound but you may have to use new wire because of all the glue that the factory used on the windings. It weighs between 10 and 20 pounds. Would work great as an isolation transformer or a giant power supply. Best offer wins. Just post any questions and/or offers.

Thanks David

One to one transformers are rather rare especialy one this big so I cannot let it go for 10-15 USD. It is fully functional (I wouldn't have known it was a 1:1 w/o testing it). It is used but is in good condition. Very quiet for its size, makes almost no noise. It was made by Jefferson transformer in California. Any more questions feel free to ask.

Thanks David

okay then. I didn't really offer a substantial price, since I don't really need another tansformer for my collection of like 40(5 or 6 hundred pounds worth!) But I'm just into isolation transformers right now, cause if you looked at my thread (much less crazy idea) you'll see that a 1:1 transformer with CT and moderate current is just what I need. But thanks anyway;)

Status
Not open for further replies.