GFA 535 right channel out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looks like the amp in my "budget" system is having problems as the right channel output stage is bad Anyone have a DIY for some basic troubleshooting? Not up on all of the electrical theroy required but can follow directions and possibly replace items if needed..

Thanks!

The channel was making a high pitch distorted sound right before it cut out........Any ideas?

Thanks!

Attachments

• gfa535.jpg
    gfa535.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 119
I'll go out on a limb here and say if it was an output transistor blown, it'd probably stay blown and take a fuse or other transistors with it.

I don't have a schematic in front of me and it doesn't sound like you do either. But if you want to poke around, I suggest getting one from one of the many websites that pedal them. Then I'd go looking at the base-emitter junctions of the offending channels driver transistors with no load hooked up to the amp. You wanna see 0.7 volts at the junction. Compare voltages with the good channel to confirm.

That's the best I can do for you "blind".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.