Getting started - DIY speaker project - There are too many options!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Depends on your listening level :) You can't make PA speakers out of these, but the woofer is still 85dB/W.

The sound is very nice and pleasant. You can see the FR response in my thread, it was measured in 5x4m lounge room which connects to several other rooms. The treble is very smooth without any harshness. The treble level is a bit lower than the woofer as I wanted to make it roll off towards high frequensies. Midrange is very clear, especially vocals are excellent to me. The 1-3kHz is a bit elevated, but as a personal preference I let it be that way. Bass could have more oomph below 80Hz (I'm bit of a bass head), but with 4" woofer you get what you order. I chose to tune the cabinet low to get as low as possible group delay and try to achieve q=0.7 roll-off. It works pretty well, as you get usable in-room response down to 40Hz. The woofer also doesnt easily exceed the xmax unless you listen to a lot of music with 20-30Hz tunes REALLY loud. Overall, no distortion is hearable even if you push them. I could listen to them for hours, and I have. They really deliver.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.