• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB4 for Pioneer Super Linear Headphone Amp PCB set?

To the Pioneer Super Linear GB subscribers,

The PCB Sets have been mailed out today (17/6/2023) by registered air/local mail. The tracking numbers are as below:

1. RC988876647HK to bryman79
2. RC988876633HK to bogdandascalu87
3. RC988876620HK and
RC988876580HK to Angchuck
4. RH286052688HK to Arthur
5. RC988876616HK to nopants
6. RC988876602HK to pgour
7. RC988876593HK to chakaandgeorgie

When you have received your package, kindly post a confirmation at this thread.

You will then receive the full document including Bill of Materials, etc. by email.

Thanks,
XACOO

Reactions: 1 users
I have posted the following on the main thread.
I am participating in GB4 of this challenging HP amp and I would like to ask previous builders if they would like to sell their remaining critical parts.
I hope that if I manage to source a banch from 2 or 3 builders from the many who have built the amp already, all these years, I could not only find what is obsolete right now but also have a big enough pile for matching.
Of course I am going to share matched pairs with other people on GB4, who would like to get them from me, or even split the buying and matching work with whom would like to participate on this.
So please let me know and pm me if you prefer so.

If anybody of the participants in GB4 is interested on this or a similar approach, let me know because at least for me most of the silicon is not possible to be sourced from a trusted vendor.

Periklis

PCB alone will be 500HKD.
Its large size means shipping in a box as parcel with tracking.
Postage and packing to US or UK will add another 160HKD.
If you still want them, please start a new GB and see if you can reach 10 pieces.

Earliest we can place PCB order is end of July.
The person who does that is on holiday.

Thank you for your interest,
Patrick

There was a question about R20 on the SHPP PCB.

R20 is a resistor added in series with the relay coil, such that the SHPP power supply does not have to match relay voltage.
If you are using +/-12V aux. supply and 24V relay, then R20 is just 0R.
When using +/-15V, R20 is used to reduce voltage by 6V to suit the 24V relay coil.
This is included on the V2 PCB (1.3k 1206 Panasonic).
For other voltage drop, you can calculate the resistor value from the relay coil current in the relay datasheet,

Patrick