• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB thread for XMOS DSD 384 kHz / 32bit USB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To keep everyone up to date, I built a Salas to power the reclock/DAC side. USB is still being powered by an LCDPS (parts are inbound for another Salas for that side). I'm digging out my last JGBuffer to see what it brings to the table. If I get a bit of improvement from replacing the LCDPS with a Salas, I may just leave it alone.

The appeal to me is having a small cased PCM/DSD DAC for the office that performs well. Adding JG and a good PS to drive it starts pushing up the case size.

Regardless want to say - GREAT JOB! Bang for buck, this kit performs.

I have had experienced some firmware issues switching between different frequencies. A couple of times now it doesn't config properly and I get no sound or a high pitched tone. I'll try to get a reproducible scenario.

Hi,

I'm glad that you like AK4396 board. The idea of this DAC was not to "fight" to this high class devices :) , DAC/IV is a dream for many people :)
Really AK4396 is very sensitive about the power supply, and that's why I don't embed it.

I haven't try it with JG Buffer, yet.

Regards,
Joro

Hi,

do you plan to make separate power supply for the dac and/or the xmos? it would be interesting.
also at AK4396, pcms' maximum audio data is 24bit?(with external power supply)

I have some PCBs for power supply (already tested). Power supplies are the same, the only difference is output voltage (schemes are given, so everyone who wants can realize them by himself).

AK4396 PCMs' max audio data is 24 bit, independently from the way how AK4396 is powered :)

...Regardless want to say - GREAT JOB! Bang for buck, this kit performs....

Thank you.

...I have had experienced some firmware issues switching between different frequencies. A couple of times now it doesn't config properly and I get no sound or a high pitched tone. I'll try to get a reproducible scenario...

The scenario will be very helpful to me.

Regards,
Joro

Hi Juro,

I am interested in:
1x XMOS
1x AK4396
I have added my self on the spreadsheet
Thanks,
CAAD

Additional questions.

1) How does the DSD signal cpmes out of the Board? Same pins as the PCM or seperate pins?
2) Do you use I2S output? ( I would like to test this board with the ES9013 DAC chip.)

Last edited:
Hi,

Hi Joro, did you consider combining your excellent XMOS board with an ES9018 board? ...

I totally agree with Luca72c..! ...

Yes, I think about this combination, but I can't tell you when is going to happen. ES9018 has very poor datasheet.

Are these boards just for the first 25 in the list? If so, any forecast for those exceeding that quota?...

Yes this is for first 25 in the list. I think that in the middle of next month PCBs are going to be ready for shipping.

1) How does the DSD signal cpmes out of the Board? Same pins as the PCM or seperate pins?
2) Do you use I2S output? ( I would like to test this board with the ES9013 DAC chip.)

Yes, the same pins are used, but with a different data.
Yes, I use I2S output. If you mean ES9018 or ES9023 there is no problem. XMOS board work with no problem with Buffalo II and Buffalo III.

...I Already paid the board, please read my pm for info...

I'll PM you.

Regards,
Joro

Hi,

Yes, I think about this combination, but I can't tell you when is going to happen. ES9018 has very poor datasheet.

Regards,
Joro

Until the end of this year or its too early for the 9018?

Also you didn't tell more about the power supply for the usb. Could you please tell more? Do you plan to sell it?

Στάλθηκε από το Nexus 7 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.