• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Round #8; Fo-Felix AC Filter

You have a 100/110ohm resistors instead of a 110kohm resistor.

A 110kohm resistor can get warm but shouldn't be of concern.

Thats the thing. If i snip it out of the circuit its 110k. Soldered its 100ohm. Probably something is not assembled right. Im using a cheap common mode choke instead of whats recommended. Perhaps thats the issue?

(Im not even sure if the one i have is a common mode type)

Looks like there still payment request out for two people

@vanofmonks
@lucser

There may be a few boards available yet, unknown how many. Basically because one member didn't need connectors I can/have some extras. However another member wants some extra connectors so TBD.

Last edited:
A newbie question.

The chokes seems sometimes hard to get. Does it make sense to (A) oversize everything and stick to just one choke model (20A or 17A) like the Bourns with the largest amp rating even if the power consumption of the device will be very small or (B) right size the chokes based upon estimated wattage consumption for better performance / rejection ??

A newbie question.

The chokes seems sometimes hard to get. Does it make sense to (A) oversize everything and stick to just one choke model (20A or 17A) like the Bourns with the largest amp rating even if the power consumption of the device will be very small or (B) right size the chokes based upon estimated wattage consumption for better performance / rejection ??

I mix and match. I don't see a reason to not take advantage of better filtration.

What are you having trouble getting? The only issue with getting a choke I've seen is one guy in an asian country couldn't get the Coilcraft site to understand he wasn't a business; and that some times Bourns are out of stock but the identical Triad version is in stock.