• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Round #7; Fo-Felix AC Filter

Once the GB is collected on it's a few weeks to get parts since none of it is stocked regularly, then it gets sent out from US. I'm going to let more people see the GB just because they often think boards are gone if they were not in the initial amount. I'd estimate boards shipped within 4 weeks.

So , a couple of questions.
1)I have read through all the GB threads but have not heard any comparisons of the Bourns vs. Coilcraft parts.
Is one better than the other ?
2) If building a Folsom 7293 dual mono amp with 2 transformers do I need a Filter for each transformer?
3)Which CMC current rating would be best for the above amp with 200VA or maybe 300VA transformers?
4) What CMC current rating would I use in a F5 or Aelph-J amp ?

Current recommendations are in the email that everyone gets.

The higher the filtration the better the benefit is the idea. The filtration is primarily measured in mH . However the Comoco have a lot more differential filtration than the Bourns. IMO the smallest Comoco and the 17A Bourn are the stars.