• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Merlin RIAA PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

This is the latest version of the RIAA board that wicked1 will be producing :)

For the power supply, as indicated on the schema the MOSFET and the LM317 MUST BE fixed on an heatsink or on the metal enclosure with isolation if it is not an isolated package ! The dimension should help you :)

Rgds,
Marc

Attachments

• Schema RIAA PC97 rev. 3.pdf
    149 KB · Views: 187
  • PCB RIAA PC97 rev. 3.2.png
    PCB RIAA PC97 rev. 3.2.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 461
  • Schema Power Supply preamp.pdf
    142.7 KB · Views: 180
  • PCB Power Supply preampli.png
    PCB Power Supply preampli.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 468
Well, that was amazingly fast.. PCB's have already arrived from China. It will probably take me twice this long to ship them.

Since I don't have a shipping account of any kind, I think I'll have to use flat rate boxes to ship these, at about $7 each for domestic. I have no idea for international. I'll figure that out and get back to everyone w/ a price.
If anyone knows a better way to ship small PCB's, let me know.

Someone took me up on my offer to make the parts list, so we should have a list of components needed to complete these boards soon.

I think everyone who asked so far will receive boards, even if I haven't responded to your message. And that might be all of them, depending on how many each person wanted.. If others want them, maybe we can order another batch sometime.
I'll let you know when I have shipping costs and figure out if any boards are remaining, probably next week sometime.

Thanks Bandol83!!

Attachments

• BandolPCB.jpg
    BandolPCB.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 381
I'm starting to organize the details..

Me 2
Bandol83 1
Rongon 1
Petertub 2
Skippyboy 1
Acccruz 2
Graemed 2

So we're 1 over at the moment.
And some of them marked 1 might actually want two.. People asked for a couple boards, and I don't know if they mean RIAA and PSU being a couple boards, or if they wanted two of each.

Would anyone mind getting 1 instead of two? Unless you're planning to build a DJ mixer :)

I think I'll ask $7 per board. The PCB's were inexpensive, but I used their default shipping option which was expensive.. The boards arrived in two days which was unnecessary so I sort of made a mistake there. If I do it again, I think I'll look in to different shipping options. And we're all chipping in to send Bandol83 his boards, since this is his design. I'm personally making 20 cents on each board since I rounded up to $7.00. I've never done a group buy before, so don't know the etiquette.. If that 20c is not 'cool', I don't need it.

Like I said yesterday, I still need to figure out shipping costs. I think it will be $7 for people in the USA. I don't know about international yet.

Hi wicked1,

Nice job :)

Regarding shipment, when I worked with PCBWay the default carrier was DHL for 25$ and therefor if I ordered larger than 10 cm boards the board cost plus the shipment exceeded 40€ and I had to pay 20% VAT and 16€ of freight agent administrative fee :mad:

After that experience I used E-Packet delivery, it take two weeks which was acceptable, but the last time the goods where blocked in Chinese custom and they had to return them to the manufacturer which was fair enough to resend them by DHL at their own cost, but it took nearly two month time all together !

During a post about this subject, someone told me that JLCPCB charged only 17$ by DHL only 6$ more than E-Packet :) And when I send my first order to JLCPCB they offered me the shipment :D:D

Just to tell you to be careful with low cost shipment solutions if you want tu use them in the future...

Thanks for offering me one set, don't worry about the price of the boards, having made two Group Buy for a total of more than 200 boards, I know it is time consuming and I was lucky that Prasi accepted to contunue to make GB for the Baby Huey (more than 500 PCB shipped in total...) :cool:

Cheers,
Marc

We can't send as a letter because hard objects break their automatic sorting machines. It will be returned to sender (according to the people working at the post office). It has to at least be a padded envelope. W/out a shipping account, I think the only way I can send a padded envelope is 'Priority Mail' which are little flat rate envelopes.. Basically the same cost as the flat rate box at about $7.00 for USA shipping. If I were a business and had a postal account, I could send it first class mail in a padded envelope by weight, and it should only cost about $3 for domestic shipping.. But I am not a business and don't have a post office account.. They don't make it easy for regular people to send 'first class mail'.

May be I wasn't clear in my last post :confused:

I didn't recommend to use DHL or FedEx to send the PCB to us but to use them when you buy PCB from China, in particular with JLCPCB because at 17$ it is quite competitive...

For us, I agree that regular post office is a good solution, I have used it for shipping Baby Huey PCB from France to every where in the World without problem :)

in particular with JLCPCB because at 17$ it is quite competitive...

Somehow DHL shipping cost me (us) $38 from JLC!! Not sure if it's because I'm further away here in the midwest US, or because of our 'trade war' or something...

But yes, from here I am sending the boards via USPS (the post office). It's just that I can arrange shipping online using the $7 flat rate 'priority mail' and print labels and set the packages on my porch to get them sent. But I cannot do that for the less expensive 'first class mail' or any of the other options that businesses have.
(If someone in the US knows of a way to pay/print the less expensive 'first class mail' online, let me know!)

Hmm, I don't know. I just did a quote, too, and yeah, it says $19.75.. But here's my receipt from my order confirmation email:
(Image Attached)

Somehow the PCB costs are $2 less than it should have been.. and the shipping is much more.

Not that it matters... The PCB's themselves are so incredibly inexpensive! I can't think of any other product that's so cheap. Could use PCB's for other non electronic projects, too! You've basically got a 3 or 4 color sturdy print. (PCB color, trace color, silkscreen color, shiny holes color) Make cool looking notepad covers, or key chains or little PCB boxes or something if you're feeling crafty :).

Attachments

• jlcrec.png
    jlcrec.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 196
I did make a mistake in my cost analysis.. I divided the total (Order total plus shipping costs for the two people who are getting theirs for free) by 8 (since I'm giving away 2 of each boards, we're all absorbing that cost). But, that's only the RIAA pcb's.. I ignored the PSU's.

so, 45 + 7 + 12 (I'm assuming 7 for domestic and 12 for international, which is just a random guess). is 64. Divided by the 16 boards that are being paid for.
That's $4 per board..

SO, sorry about that.. I'll charge $4 per board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.