• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB "long and skinny" FirstWatt J2 clone PCBs

Hi Nash,

Here's an FFT from my SPICE simulation. How accurate it is I haven't a clue: I haven't yet tried to figure out how to generate one from the physical article.

Cheers,
Jeff.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DIY_J2_FFT.JPG
    DIY_J2_FFT.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 791
Naah, I don’t think Papa ran out of 109’s. Have you seen his droolworthy stash on youtube?

Just speculation. I think he used the 109’s in the beginning just because he could. The J2 was a huge succes and stayed in production much longer as other amps. As years went by scarcity en prices went up. The advantages of using 109’s instead of good matched 74’s are minimal. So somewhere along the road he decided to switch to 74’s as they are almost just as good in this amp. Saving his stash of precious 109’s for whatever he is cooking up. Again, just speculation.

Last edited:
Updating with my location:

North America & RoW
------------
Malvin 1 set
kevinheem 1 set
Soundslave 1 set
mattattnet 2 sets
Myint67 1set
twitchie 1 set
flamethrower1 1 set
necplusultra 1 set