• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB For Salas SSLV1.3 Ultra-BIB

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Tea-Bag! Is it possible to order finished psus? I don´t mind soldering some through-hole components but not sure my skills get much more than this...
Thank you a lot!
I do not do this, sorry.
With the drilling involved, this may not be the best way to build skills. The reflektor-D (lower voltage, current) and DCB1-Flex Edition are better for beginners.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Reactions: 1 users
Hi again! I want to use the Reflector-D and Ultrabib boards to power my Andrea Mori FIFO+DAC but need some advice on what to order.

Requirements are:
1. 7V/200mA -> Reflector-D (10V DC input) --> ORDER: Board + Full Kit
2. 5V/80mA -> Reflector-D (10V DC input) --> ORDER: Board + Full Kit
3. 16.5V/120mA -> Ultrabib (AC input) --> ORDER: Board + Minikit + Full Extras Kit
4. 5V/30mA -> Ultrabib (AC input) --> ORDER: Board + Minikit + Full Extras Kit

Would it be ok?

One last question, whats the purpose of "<=5mA IDSS J3" ? I have read that <=7.5mA IDSS J3 is necessary for getting 5V out of the Ultrabib....

best regards,

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I think your order looks fine, however, he kits I provide assume AC input, so you may have some extra diodes in there. I can probably remover those if reminded.
The "Measured J3" I send a selected lower IDSS PF5102 to make sure the UBIB reaches 5V, otherwise with higher IDSS one, we can only expect 5.5+v.

Hi
I would like to purchase 2 kits for this power supply Plus one board for L-adapter to power my hungry Allo Uabridge signature since I expierience drop outs with current nirvana supply. How can I proceed with purchase ?
I have audio gd di-v3 usb to spdif converter which need 7.5v 500ma so I could use this ultra bib for it and have a spare kit for future projects . Iam also bulding some clone of preamp perhaps for that i could use second ultra bib .
regards

Oh. Iam not very Lucky lately. I have seen last l adapter board on reverb but delivery cost was same as board so tought it would be more cost effective to buy mor pcb's or something else with it.
I quess i have to be patient as I woud love to try these power supply in my revieling system with 99db effiecient horn boxes.
Please let me know when kits for ultra bib and l-adapter are back in stock.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Most of the kits now ship with WP113IDT
these are very uniform vF leds, for the same reason the 2773id were prior.

End of life is a certainty for most of these products over time. The FQP, PF5102 and BC560c are now EOL as well. I have purchased a bunch for making kits to sell, but that does not help people who don't wan to buy minikits directly.
The origin of UBIB 1.3 was partially to get available parts, but that did not last more than a couple of years. Once I see an EOL email from a vendor, I make a big purchase to horde and not run out, especially if no good subs from salas.

Last edited:
Thanks Tea-bag, I was onsite now I have to remember where that had pf5102. Are minikits available now? It looks like they are on a GB spreadsheet. WP2773GD green LED a possibility I have left overs from Reflektor D builds, voltages [2/5] same if I remember right 10mcd but different light wavelength.

best regards,
Steve