• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Salas SSHV2 regulator

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello, the current group buy will end in 3 days.
Please make inquiries and payments as soon as possible.
Please see signature for sign up and group rules, etc.

I have received word already that some of the PCB facilities are closing shop temporarily until the corona virus clears. I assume that the production will be delayed as are result. I know this can be frustrating waiting for boards, but nobody wants anyone to get sick from making your boards ....I will try to update on this as I have more word.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
GB Update

Group Buy Update
As many of can guess - the group buy ended at a particularly unfortunate time.The order was put in at the exact time of the coronavirus or COVID-19.This has created a very high backlog for Chinese manufacturers for circuit boards. They are just about complete now.

The boards are expected to ship to me next week, with luck.

I am assuming the shipping infrastructure may also be slow as well.

In the US, where I live, we are just starting to see the effects of this virus. It has closed lots of schools and commerce. Keeping fingers crossed that I do not get this disease, but the likelihood continues to escalate for many of us.

Some people received some boards and kits from leftover stock, but most did not. The kits are ready to go, once they arrive - assuming good health to me and you.
I appreciate your understanding - however, any problems with this , I would be glad to refund you for your project if it does not meet your deadlines.

Ripple

I am just getting around to putting these boards together and inserting into my preamp. I've built a few sets and have been pleased. I just put a a scope on a dummy load and was surprised at the ripple, its at 2mv/cm but its not very smooth. Is this what is should expect? Is there a way to smooth it out.

Comparing it to my Superreg boards I got from Allen Wright, the sshv2 seems to have at least 10x the ripple under the same conditions, -250v/40ma.

Attachments

• IMG_8643(1).jpg
    IMG_8643(1).jpg
    877.6 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_8642.jpg
    IMG_8642.jpg
    905.3 KB · Views: 361
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Rectification ripple is 100Hz (EU) or 120Hz (US) saw tooth. This is something else. Maybe common mode interference. Pull out the hook cone, put the short ground spring wire accessory on the probe's nose and measure on the connector screws. Also press the 20MHz bandwidth limit button on the scope. See if earthing the metal surface it sits against has any effect as well.

Spare current should be set 20mA above load draw and this mini sink on the Mosfet won't take it during the test by the way. Unless the reg is set current starving right now and almost all the CCS current goes to the load. If so, its operation is challenged.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Group Buy update
For those who bought these boards. They came from the factory without the top layer pads. So these are being remade and should be to me in 2 weeks. I am sorry for the delay. Private message me with any issues.

These boards have arrived and are shipping out in next couple days. I will have extras. Private message me if in interested.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I am just getting around to putting these boards together and inserting into my preamp. I've built a few sets and have been pleased. I just put a a scope on a dummy load and was surprised at the ripple, its at 2mv/cm but its not very smooth. Is this what is should expect? Is there a way to smooth it out.

Comparing it to my Superreg boards I got from Allen Wright, the sshv2 seems to have at least 10x the ripple under the same conditions, -250v/40ma.

Rectification ripple is 100Hz (EU) or 120Hz (US) saw tooth. This is something else. Maybe common mode interference. Pull out the hook cone, put the short ground spring wire accessory on the probe's nose and measure on the connector screws. Also press the 20MHz bandwidth limit button on the scope. See if earthing the metal surface it sits against has any effect as well.

Spare current should be set 20mA above load draw and this mini sink on the Mosfet won't take it during the test by the way. Unless the reg is set current starving right now and almost all the CCS current goes to the load. If so, its operation is challenged.

I see also the heatsink of DN2540 small.

Hi,
I bought the boards, 2 SSHV2 and the corresponding Full Kit years ago (Thanks Tea-Bag!). I have not assembled my regulators yet until now. I am checking the parts list and I do not have the IRF840 (Q3). Instead, I have 3 2SK117 in the kit. I am trying to get the IRF from Mouser. Can someone give me the info as far as:
the rating for Id, Vgs, Vgs th, Qg, and Pd? Or lead me to a replacement part number?
Thank you!
Abe

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The Group buy for salas boards is now open and will close on October 4th 2020 at 9PM ESTI am starting to send out invoices to previous group buy purchasers.
I will be sending out private messages as well with instructions as well in the next few days.Please be sure that your spreadsheet cell meets your requirements, then read the instructions in the group buy FAQ.
Salas Group Buy Comprehensive Information - Google Docs

Once complete, reply to my private message with required information.
Private message me with any instructions. I assume you know what your ordering and have components not ordered to complete project.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
GB Ends in 5 days

GB Ends in 5 days!

The Group buy for salas boards is now open and will close on October 4th 2020 at 9PM EST
I am starting to send out invoices to previous group buy purchasers.
I will be sending out private messages as well with instructions as well in the next few days.Please be sure that your spreadsheet cell meets your requirements, then read the instructions in the group buy FAQ.
Salas Group Buy Comprehensive Information - Google Docs

Once complete, reply to my private message with required information.
Private message me with any instructions. I assume you know what you are ordering and have components not ordered to complete project.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
that's cool. would be nice, to get updates here for avoiding to PM you unnecessarily ;-)

I don't disagree, but often updates are untrustworthy until the boards are delivered to me. Too many things to 'still' go wrong or sideways.

I try to spell out the typical expectations in the Salas Group Buy guide in my signature. I have modified it recently to hopefully be more noticeable. I think a lot of people are mistaken that I keep stock of the boards. I do not. As many benefits there are to doing that, there are bunch of detractors too.