• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for DIY Curve Tracer for PC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
kannan_s (USA) Received
Bksabath (UK) Received
FdW (NL) Received
BarryBlue (UK) Received
Amplifire (France) Received
rellum (France) Received
NicMac (Italy) Received
WK (Finland) Received
Geofd (Switzerland) Received
John Luckins (UK) Received
Swalter (Switzerland) Shipped
ilardi (USA) Received
herb1diaz (USA) Shipped
ymwong (USA) Shipped
Cobra2 (Norway) Received
styrkv (Norway) Received
heinz1 (Germany) Shipped
Presbel (Philippines) Shipped
pchw (USA) Shipped
CeeVee (Portugal) Shipped
Veljko (NL) Shipped
igwt (USA)Shipped
BDL (Romania) Shipped
Tommyss123 (Norway) Waiting for Payment
Gusto142 (Netherlands)
mekanixz(Netherlands)
jkuetemann (Canada)
Toufu(usa)
qusp (Australia)
lll (Greece)
Groundloops (Germanistan)
secanbj (Sweden)
andreas w. (Germany)
APK (UK)
Alazira (USA)
cddumat (germany)
neb001 (USA)
vladco (USA)
JBdV (NL)
jhcamp (IT)
dshambala (USA)
sonidos (USA)
pwla0516 (Taiwan)
gellen (USA)
papyfan (France)
leejh (Korea)
prooptiki (Greece)
stolbovoy(USA)
daanve(NL)
Horio (USA)
ujamerstand(CANADA)
markus22ch (Switzerland)
fbalducci (Italy)
carpin (Netherlands)
palmito(USA)
Leatherface (Germany)
Lo_tse (Canada)
LHQuam (USA)

Hi BenY,

Sorry, but I have to respect my own deadlines.... if I do exception once, I shall do exceptions all the time.
The problem, is with EU regulations I'm not sure that so much money transfers on my Paypal account will not start creating issues (it already does actually.. after reaching 1500 euros transfers, my account has been "restricted" until I clarify some of my personal info.... ) I don't want to reach the level where the french tax controllers will start to annoy me on my account transfers, ... last thing I want is to lose money for something that already took a lot of my time

What I propose from now on is to open a waiting list WITH NO GUARANTEE OF SUPPLY, until I clarify all this.

Just put your DIYAudio name in the thread, no PM required, no info to send me.. just create a waiting list.

Fred

I recieved mine, packing was good, the irony is that I have been in China for work, so has taken me a while to report back.

The quality looks good and with a nice case will be a valuable editon to my tool kit.

I have to now read all the instructions, and figure out if the transistors have to be mounted on a heat sink and isolated

Lazybutt thanks for the great effort to put these together for the forum and at such a great price

Regards

Geof

Thanks Geof!

Yes the power transistors have to be mounted on a heatsink (the 6 in line on the side of the PCB). Most of them should be isolated (basically the ones with case connected to one of the pins! In doubt, better isolate all as heat is not critical

According to Locky_z, a piece of aluminum is enough. In the assembled version he uses a L-shaped piece of aluminum (12 x 4 x 4 cm, and thickness about 4~5 mm).

Fred

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Go Mine today,

Packing was great, board needs a lot of cleaning and soldering is really bad, need to check whole board before applying power.

Hope it was tested before sending, this is a great great tool so here's keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks guys for a huge effort, greatly apreciated.

:D

For Info, the shipment info Veljko is talking about is that I discovered EMS does not do tracked shipment to the Nederlands ! (incredible, but it's true!)
Untracked shipment is an option, but it is the same price as other European destinations tracked, so I prefer to avoid that (especially because there are a lot of dutchmen in this GB!)

The option that I found is to ship from Hong-Kong, as I will be on business trip there soon.
Consequently, I will prioritize dutch subscribers for the next batch in order to take advantage of my visit to HK (other people who were first in line, please apologize, and thanks for your understanding !)

Fred

Joined 2006
Paid Member
..Cleaned the soldering and checked board, connected the HP power supply.
Software runs nicely in windows 7, compatibility winXP SP2.

Everything is running nicely so far, amazing how easy it identifies DUT:D

Now i got to learn how to use it....managed to get some nice HFE curves out of it already.

Thanks a bunch Lazybutt and very specialy Locky_z brilliant!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.