• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi John,

Yes you're right. I need to order them first - then there is a 10-14 business days production time + shipping from China. But I expect to order during this coming week.

The layout is as good as ready - I usually go over it a few times before ordering, but this will not be a delaying factor.

Christian

Thanks, I missed that thread.
I already have a case, it's one from Hi-Fi 2000 , the heatsinks are 16.5 x 40cm and the front panel is 1cm thick aluminum, I'm planning to put some thermal grease between the heatsinks and the front panel, so that the alu front also becomes part of the heatsinks.
It looks like a good case, only the bottom need some reinforcement, that 500VA is heavy.

Attachments

• DSCF2133s.jpg
    DSCF2133s.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 497
I repaired a few boards for folks who purchased the component parts -- men generally don't read directions -- (in fact, the manual for one of my Hewlett Packard spectrum analyzers made that point, that if were reading the manual for the first time, something might be wrong.) I would suggest 2 mounting arrangement for the current protection transistors so that there's no confusion.

It's pretty compact so there's not a lot of room on the silk -- you could overlap two devices (probably violating design rules for your pcb program) -- or affix a label to the packaging advising the purchaser that different transistors have different pinouts.

I send the Zetex devices -- they are a bit pricier -- but haven't failed me yet. Which are the transistors contemplated on your board?

I used BC550 and BC560. I don't like the shape of ztx, they are curved on the front side instead of the back side... but thats just me. ;)
However I could probably flip the footprints without causing an increase in confusion. I usually recommend people to get parts at your store, so it would make sense if the boards matched.

Sorry to interfere with the thread, but I cannot reach ma_coule...

ma_coule,

Haven't heard anything from you, in case you are still interested in the Fairchild-fets, please mail me with a proper email-adress. Thank you.

At the moment I still have a few pairs for the F5.

Have fun, Hannes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.