• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: A Simple Discrete Current-Mirror IV Converter, à la AD844

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Patrick,
Well said, and I know how much work to organize GB's and mail/ship out boards. I understand about the initial shipping of the boards to one person. My problem would then be that I would have to post or ship all the individual shipments back across the ocean from Western Canada, with or without insurance, with or without tracking, etc.. This would induce extra costs for the EU people, and would probably raise the price to be too expensive for most. Would be better for a person that is on EU soil already to handle this.

For at least PCB GB to happen, there should be one person in the American continent and one person in Europe willing to distribute.
We shall then ship to each of the two addresses (at our cost).

Transistor matching also requires volunteers, like Ripster did.
As he found out, a LOT of work.

That is all we can offer I am afraid.

Thank you for your interest,
Patrick

It makes sense to have transistors and PCBs all in one shipment to save costs.
So we can also ship all PCBs to Japan, at our cost, and let you distribute.

It would help the others to decide if you could provide shipment cost frm JP to EU & USA as examples.
I think a padded A5 envelope 100g will be more than sufficient.

All transistors are Toshiba.
So whether you souce from Mouser or locally from akihabara would not make any difference.

Thanks for volunteering,
Patrick

will the group buy continue?

This is an international, English based forum.
You can post your message in English using google translate.
It is pretty accurate these days.

The GB will continue if one of the second GB subscribers offers to do transistor matching and distribute.
And the others will accept the postage from him.
Just like Ripster did for the first GB.

The ball is in your court,
Patrick