Gasket for removable baffle speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

I am rebuilding my speakers and I am making them with removable baffles this time (experience has taught me a lesson there...:)).

Does anyone know what kind of material I can use as a gasket to seal the interface between the cabinet and the baffle?

And also do you know where I can source it in the UK?

If I remember well, there is some sort of fully collapsible foam available but I don't know what it's called and where I can buy it from. Any ideas?
What other options do I have? E.g. O-ring?

Cheers
Evan

in the states we call it weather stripping and buy it from hardware and home improvement stores. it's supposed to seal the gaps around doors and windows, and is available in a variety of thickness, hardness, and colors. Also can be purchased in collapsable foam or rubber.

additionally, what you can do is cut a very slight groove and run a line/bead of caulk or silicone sealant and let it dry. it'll be like a homemade o-ring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.