gainclone and equalizer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Jojo,
if you want to build a GC to improove the sound quality of your existing system (that's mostly the reason why people build ther own amp) than an equalizer makes no sense, esp. that one from your linked project.:whazzat:

If you plan to build an integrated amp with all klicki klacki, feel free to implement everythink you want... But than you don't need the LM - chips - take cheaper ones (TDA,...).

Michael

I would recommend basic bass/treble tone controls rather than a five band EQ. A nice example of such is Rod Elliott's Hi-Fi Preamplifier. And his Expandable Graphic Equaliser circuit almost certainly outperms the one that you referenced.

No matter which you choose to build, do not use LF347 opamps! I almost choked when I saw those in that EQ circuit. The PCB for that circuit is designed for quad opamps, so a suitable replacement would be National's LM837. You could also try the TI/Burr-Brown OPA4134 but they cost a lot more.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.