fx aUDIO D2160 pURE DigiTAL ampLIFIER

Status
Not open for further replies.
adulteration ...it depends which DAC you are useing....
my gustard DAcA20H is my best DAC but the new one- Topping D50 is not bad for about 175 euro:D...it was 4 month ago the first offer to buy this dac... now its 250euro..

no opamp? latest one time you have to do DA conversion - after this to the amp (pre...power amp..)

no opamp? latest one time you have to do DA conversion - after this to the amp (pre...power amp..)
Not sure what mean here.

laptop-tidal/DSD-FDA-speaker ~ no DAC, no OpAmp.
~ anyway i mean this path ~ uses no DAC, no OpAmp in the pre-stage.
ALL digit except at output (1 DAC for FDA->speaker)

Nice gear gustard A20H ~ it uses Xmos U8, also found in my FDA.

They arrived :) I ran the usual tests on them and they both work fully with no bugs or problems. The D2160 had problems with noise and the remote didn't function correctly, so it's a relief that both of these are fine.

I will let them break in before saying anything about SQ.

I opened them up to check - the V200 is version 12. Where the USB is on other models, there is a designated space/connections for a bluetooth module. There is also an empty space where an ADC can go too, and there's no USB. 2 SPDIF in only, however, I can't see a CS8416 anywhere (underside the heatsink I assume) and all five inputs are available in the firmware. There's a multiplexer - 74HC253 - which I didn't expect - but I guess this is an I2S source switch for the TAS5548?

The D802 has V2-2017-11-11 written on the PCB. It seems the USB is different from V1 - it is a CM6642 IC now, and the regulators are different from V1 but not much, if anything else has changed. The regs are an adjustable LM2596, which I guess from resistor values is 12V. There are two LM317 after it - its seems 5V and 3.3V from resistor values. It seems that only the final reg is supplying power - the others seem to be there to drop the supply down to 5V. I can't see anything that is running from either 12V or 5V. Can anyone confirm if this correct?

Anyway, I think the D802 is more of a finished product with just XO, regulators and perhaps a bluetooth to play with, while the V200 will be the most fun to modify. :)

Last edited:
Hugh Jazz, I'm not sure if my input useful but 6 months ago cmedia(actually, quite weird company) gave me local shz distributor contact because I asked for CM6645 application info. It is pin2pin 6642 but with I2S outputs and it may replace old 6631A. However, distributor even more strange than cmedia, and they pushed me to buy 6642 instead of 6645 as a "good replacement for 6631a" kinda - man, you don't need I2S at all, 6642 has DAC )) Ahh, 6642 has SPDIF output, so in your case it is USB->SPDIF>I2S->modulator.

Last edited:
Yeah, salespeople will try to sell what they have stock of, with bs reasons if needed. Happened to me countless times. The CM6642 is a replacement for a VT1630 I think - may not be an upgrade tho. The VT uses an external xo but the CM proudly declares the xo is internal to save cost. Oh.

I did a listening test using spdif - they are not fully broken in I guess - but still the D802 has a wider deeper soundstage with better separation. If I were not intending to hack them both, I would say the D802 is a winner. But with hacks... wait and see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.