FW SIT1 Hobby Kit

I hope this is ok to post here. If it is not I am sure someone will tell me!

This is not your typical component for sale. That is why I am posting it here. It is a DIY project.

This is for a pair of SIT 1s that are disassembled.

They have been replaced with THF51 amplifiers. I am too lazy to put these back together since I no longer need them. No squeaky wheel.

All of the stuff is here. There are three good SITs. The kind Mr. Pass sent me new circuit boards - they are not populated - along with two new power supply capacitor boards which are populated.

I had inserted LUNDAHL LL2733 for choke input supplies and when I removed those there was the idea I would return them to how they began. So many projects and they are still laying about waiting for someone to do something with them.

There are extra holes in the back panel since I brought the loudspeaker leads out so they and the speaker wires would be clamped by the whatever it is you call those things. Eventually I just soldered the wires since I am a connectorphobe.

There would be significant amount of work required to bring them back to life. Not that it would take weeks but it would be something for those who know their way around amplifiers.

I would like to get two thousand dollars for this mess. I think that is a fair price.

If there is any interest let me know.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Today is the day.

ROAD TRIP!!!

The goal: Pick up and transport of Precioussss SIT-1 amps.

The Bandit running interference on this one would be helpful.

However, I will be doing this particular version of the Cannonball with my trusty partner in crime and all around fantastic better half.

We haven’t had a road trip in a little while, but have been doing crazy stuff like this ever since we got married. Once, it was for a matching apartment size washer and dryer for $100 from NY to D.C…hey, they’re expensive!

Sorry, I’m not a fan of Willie Nelson or Sammy Hagar…although I do hope to be moving faster than 55.

For the opening credits on this one I’m gonna have to go with the Black Keys..

Attachments

• 4548B8DA-5663-48E3-882B-1E91A4152654.jpeg
    4548B8DA-5663-48E3-882B-1E91A4152654.jpeg
    341.5 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2019
Paid Member
I really like the 85, 77, 81 route. Should be a pretty drive vs. taking the 'eastern' route up 95.

BTW - Nice choice of tune. You can always choose some Jerry Reed if you find a black Pontiac to run point for you... or some C W McCall ...

What would the movie title be with Chromenuts, Bandit and Rubber Duck makin' a run for amps...?

Watch out for Buford T...

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Still thinking on a title…

Been on the road for a couple hours now.

Wanted to avoid the NY Metro area at all costs.

Decided to just keep going straight on 84 until we hit 81.

A little weather and a nice view crossing from NY to PA.

Attachments

• 8A102422-D727-4A01-B76D-329E190F626F.jpeg
    8A102422-D727-4A01-B76D-329E190F626F.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Thanks for the well wishes.

Passing through Penn Dutch country now over the Susquehanna river.

As far as a thread, as long as nobody objects I’d love to document the whole journey (so to speak).

It would probably be the easiest way to get feedback with any issues I have as well.

Cross that bridge when we get there I guess.
35F2D155-B5D1-4B91-9207-C0EE151EFA51.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users