Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first read snake oil, but it is snail oil. Still thought I should mention it. Might offer some serious competition to Bybee.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Snail-100-pure-plant-extract-Hyaluronic-acid-liquid-whitening-blemish-serum-ampoules-anti-acne-Rejuvenation-Serum/32369118912.html?tracelog=rowan&rowan_id1=sellerSendAllGoodsToBuyer_en_US_2017-12-19&rowan_msg_id=01968852028732$327a9f0ff5b44e9293b98311714d1388&ck=in_edm_other

Junk Cleaner apps are cleaners.

I recently removed a junk cleaner app, which always claimed removal of 1.7G of junk each time I used it.
Even if uses were only 5 minutes apart.
Suspicious, I shut off my phones wifi and data connections, then used the app.
It just cycled for a few minutes, and shut down after leaving a message stating I was not connected to the internet.
With the "junk cleaner" app deleted, I now receive far fewer ad popups.
My theory is, some junk cleaners are spies.

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Why don't they make it easier to change the battery ??????

Andy

I thought that to myself the other night and it kind of makes sense to not allow it to be replaced. If they did then the most popular phone in the world would then have a reputation for faulty batteries and battery fires from people online who buy cheap knockoffs as replacements.

However that doesn't explain it fully because there is no reason why they couldn't have made them replaceable from the beginning aside from being a dick. The reason why I came to that conclusion is that they have added chips to their charging cables to prevent fast charging without a genuine cable, they could've just done the same with the battery to prevent counterfeits from being used.

In saying that replacing a battery in an iphone is moderatley difficult but not impossible, I did it once on my old iPhone 3GS 32GB and the phone never worked properly again despite spending $40 on the battery, it was kind of difficult getting the connector to sit properly aswell and as the adhesive had already set on the back of the battery so fixing the problem was impossible without bending the battery pack.

In addition to that the phone started suddenly turning off because of the connector not being in the right position the on screen indicated capacity was always fixed at 50% and would constantly charge while on the charger. So either it was a fake or it was just that connector not being seated properly.

So I just tossed it out and got an android. As far as lightweight smartphones go the iPhone 3GS is still the king. Loved that thing during the time I had it. A 135 gram phone is really nice.

Last edited:
Great excuse. Now why does Apple prompt us so rigorously to 'upgrade' to the latest operating system? I was happy earlier, and had a more compatible interface with some of my favorite apps. Perhaps they really are that cynical that they will slow down earlier phones just to get us to be uncomfortable with them.

Great excuse. Now why does Apple prompt us so rigorously to 'upgrade' to the latest operating system? I was happy earlier, and had a more compatible interface with some of my favorite apps. Perhaps they really are that cynical that they will slow down earlier phones just to get us to be uncomfortable with them.

I think they screwed up on this one. On my phone, right after I was forced to upgrade because my phone suddenly got wiped out over night, I noticed the phone was sluggish. Along with that, the battery life per charged dropped to nearly half. So their explanation is pretty lame. Just yesterday, my phone showed battery dropping from 100% to 10% in two hours, so I checked battery load showing it was running some 85% for no reason, only one app was open. That pissed me off and I walked into the Apple Stores and asked for a test to see what was causing the phone CPU workload to be so high when nothing but the test app was running causing, causing it to run warm. They tried to draw my attention to the battery through a memorized swear talk which I had no patience to listen to. Finally they showed me where to register a walk-in for a Genius, where they told me they could not check that either, not like on a PC or Mac.

Latest news is that Apple has cut back orders of iPhone X by 40%. Which is what I would expect because they are not getting the right innovations in where it matters most. Young people trying to do these stuff do not have the experience in life to get the feeling. Look at what Steve Jobs went through in life from his biography and you will know what I mean.

This said, I really hope Apple finally get their act together. Lots of changes made since iOS 6 matched the ideas I asked for. So I felt quite satisfied up to iOS 10 even if it was not a smooth ride. My 2011 MacBook is the best decision I made in notebooks so far, after a hard disk upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.