Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Years ago, I had the idea that speaker vibrations might travel along the speaker wires, into my amplifier, possibly causing distortion. I sandwiched my speaker wire in cork and sorbothane discs, had several listens, and decided it had no audible effect.
I guess I didn't consult the correct industry insiders, to come up with a product.
Maybe I will revisit the idea, but instead, clamp the wire between 2 coin batteries.

Last edited:
Years ago, I had the idea that speaker vibrations might travel along the speaker wires, into my amplifier, possibly causing distortion. I sandwiched my speaker wire in cork and sorbothane discs, had several listens, and decided it had no audible effect.
Whew! That was close!

I guess I didn't consult the correct industry insiders, to come up with a product.
Maybe I will revisit the idea, but instead, clamp the wire between 2 coin batteries.
Hee! Just make sure they aren't actually connected to anything.

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
I won the lottery 3 times in a row the past month. Does it make me any more lucky than the time that I played in 2015 and received nothing? No.

But at least now I'm filthy stinking rich! Won $30 then $20 Then $10. Just like those guys who make fake crap for sale as aids to audio greatness.

WOOHOO

Last edited:
Presumably the lifters were tried on a high-end system.

So why was the sound "muddy" ?

Isn't "thermal energy" near infra-red ?

Attachments

• snake.png
    snake.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 152
Yes. If each of these myriad tweaks produced the order-of-magnitude improvement that's always claimed, then the combined effect would be such that any one of these sticker-festooned, cable-lifted behemoths should be capable of producing a humanity-healing, world-curing, universal-consciousness sound by now - before the first Bobby McFerrin record is even cued up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.