Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this website is the place to peddle your magic black box or bald faced assertions. If you surfed the site a little, you would realize that many of us design, build, and modify our equipment down to the component level. If we wanted to buy out of the box stuff, we could go to the local magic hi-fi shop (if you live in a community that has one).

We share here, and we're all better off for it. I'm an old engineer that hasn't worked in the industry since the 80s and I need to come up to speed. Many people young enough to be my grandkid have graciously helped me here. It's called community. Try it.

See how that works? It's called humility.

Synergistic Research this company is one of the worst offenders. Just goes to show that if you use enough pseudo-scientific jargon, make it look pretty and charge outrageous amounts of money, then you can sell your crapola.

The really sad part is the list of "Praise For Synergistic Research" that includes well known audio websites/magazines that should know better. This is one of many reasons why I don't read Stereophile anymore.

Incredible, the $550 USB cable...
Synergistic Research is a company that looks for -- and regularly seems to find -- innovative new ways of transmitting an electrical signal from A to B. Rumors persist that one of the secrets of Synergistic’s success is a team of aerospace engineers who moonlight as cable designers when not occupied with their ultrasecret day jobs. Officially, Synergistic attributes the company’s product development to president Ted Denney III. No offense to Denney, but I think the story of the mysterious space engineers sounds way cooler.
Some blurb for the USB cable, I think I see a pattern emerging here, top secret guys moonlighting, Bybees secret past, oh oh oh
Cheers its made my day:)

Forgot quantum tunnelling, incredible, its like super-condensed BS, one gram could fertilise the whole planet, as to the revuers, what ever they smoke drink or inhale, I WANT SOME.

Last edited:
Incredible, the $550 USB cable...

Some blurb for the USB cable, I think I see a pattern emerging here, top secret guys moonlighting, Bybees secret past, oh oh oh
Cheers its made my day:)

Forgot quantum tunnelling, incredible, its like super-condensed BS, one gram could fertilise the whole planet, as to the revuers, what ever they smoke drink or inhale, I WANT SOME.
indian tobacco my friend:hypno2::bigeyes:

Wow - quantum tunneling! Just one tiny detail confuses me: when I learnt about QT about 40 years ago it didn't have anything to do with zapping cables with high voltage. Has the theory changed since then, so Schrodinger's equation has new solutions, or could it be that the cable has nothing whatsoever to do with QT? And what exactly does a self-confessed 'arts graduate' add to a discussion on QT and interconnect cables, apart perhaps from being able to rewrite a press release in his own words without inserting spelling errors?

Just wait till we see cables utilizing dark matter...it's there, you just can't really see it! But listen to those realistic highs when cymbals are brushed! :p

Starting at $2000/meter pair, of course.

I'll take it up a notch...

When the sound really matters... Anti-Matter! New Anti-Matter conductors fight positive entropy, creating a balanced force of nature in your system. (magnetic bottle not included, beware of reactions with the matter in your universe, not responsible for the annihilation of the world as we know it! )

Joined 2007
Paid Member
you guys are so creative, do you work in marketing? :joker:

I can share one thing with you, but only this. I have a trusted friend..still working on military projects..you know..hush hush stuff. Their lab (one of a kind place) can verify I've used dark matter. No worries, he's a trusted friend of mine and once he confirms it, I will pass that to all here on the forum..but only here. Again, who else has dark matter in their cables (at least on purpose!)? Be the first on your block to show your friends. $2k a meter is not a bad price when you think about it.

ok, so this thread is currently discussing an unknown invention functioning in an unknown way.
LOL
and, as expected, the only person responding positively is John Curl (although, just like everyone else, he has no idea what it's about) who made a modus operandi of posting vague claims that can mean anything or nothing at all.
double LOL

The universe and audio........sight................french fries.........flowers.......spinach.........how do magnets work?.............dreams..........farts............garbage....................love.............(insert phrase you want to sound more relevant with universe so you sound intelligent here).....whatever.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Yes, I am still in awe as to how the universe works.

Indeed! Quite in awe of what we find out in this great universe and the thousands of new questions it generates.

Just not in awe with what some folks do to make a buck off of it and how some have made a buck off of me based on the marketing I read at the time with ambiguous improvement to my life. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.