Fullrange vs Dual Concentric - Lowther vs Tannoy - TP1 vs Worden Panasona

I find this very strange. I have heard the Voigt Domestic Corner Horn, and it does not sound like the Voigt in your set up. The lack of hf is startling to me.My recollection is very well balanced. Being front loaded the midrange is better balanced and those pesky peaks are much less apparent. But I would expect it to sound more like the TP1.

Yes - it is surprising and thanks for that first hand experience. It might be because it's got the Audio Nirvana rather than the Lowther unit and the the Lowther unit should be a DX4 or PM4 and I should try it. However this unit has lived in a damp room and down in the corner the unit box gets damp . . . and a delicate Lowther unit will be destroyed. But I should try it. Thanks for the encouragement.

The Audiovector has most life - and the difference to the source recording is on account of significant live acoustic of the room where those speakers are.

David, that Worden speaker fascinates me. From the pictures I have seen it would seem that there are 2 drivers, one horizontal and one vertical. Or are they 2 different designs.
I like eccentricity and original thinking, but having the speaker pointing backwards seems crazy. Certainly I can hear a lack of low treble frequencies.
Have you tried it with a normal orientation, perhaps with a large phase plug.
Having said that, I do like the sound from it.

David, that Worden speaker fascinates me. From the pictures I have seen it would seem that there are 2 drivers, one horizontal and one vertical. Or are they 2 different designs.
I like eccentricity and original thinking, but having the speaker pointing backwards seems crazy. Certainly I can hear a lack of low treble frequencies.
Have you tried it with a normal orientation, perhaps with a large phase plug.
Having said that, I do like the sound from it.

Yes - they are very interesting. Actually in their real presence with a high crossover tweeter they sound quite flat. One can't mount the speaker in any conventional way. They were originally made to have 10" Wharfedales I think but have been modified for the Lowther family of full rangers. The unit faces in and half is directed upwards into a bass reflex chamber and half is directed into a midrange horn which fires down the bottom. Were these to be in a corner and a reflector placed underneath one might expect more low treble. I've tried PM6, DX2, DX4 and possibly the Philips with the high x-over tweeter (9kHz) give best balance of sound.

Worden did a coffee table height corner speaker with the unit facing down into the chamber at the back and a midrange horn coming forward. The ones I heard had PM2C units and worked really well. Sadly very rare.