Full Range Voice Range single speaker and enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
But what if he already has the 127? Are they that bad?

GM

I had not seen this thread updated and don't know how I lost my email notificarions. GM, my first project was with the 127es and I had some tiny boxes (from a Nakashima receiver sold as a package and gotten as a gift) which you helped me with.

I still have the boxes sort of in storage. I could press that back into service. It's a quickie idea without having to buy something. Funny how things come around again.

And no I don't care about woofers and subs. I've got amplified cars driving by (drive by is a good way to put it) curdling my guts with their one note bass coming out of the trunk. It's totally offensive to a speaker builder.

I've even EQ'ed my BIBs up to get rid of things that might bother my apartment neighbors. At 65 I've just become overly sensitized to all that low vibrating stuff.

GM, my first project was with the 127es and I had some tiny boxes (from a Nakashima receiver sold as a package and gotten as a gift) which you helped me with.

At 65 I've just become overly sensitized to all that low vibrating stuff.

I only remember the little MLTLs. Interesting, at 67 I've become even more sensitive to distortion, but not deep bass or even extreme digitally generated movie LFE.

Anyway, I see no reason why OB 127s wouldn't work well [or sealed if space is an issue] once you shelve the HF to 'taste' to get the highest speech intelligibility.

GM

After having been away from the forum for a long time (since not building anything, hospital stay, other things) I decided to revisit this thread. I'm going to recycle (knock down) some unused wood. BIB's are the best for music listening but they won't travel well and I may be moving.

Will report back on the open back if that's the way to go. I still think the Rolands would make the best pair.

And I harken back to GM's MLTL for the FE127e's which I had up for along time. It was a build that was never fatiguing. But I was in the forum and wanted to experiment, hence I acquired other speaks.

This will PO the speaker builders here maybe but one trick for eliminating boominess from
some DVD encodes is called The Levelator. It's software that uses multiple techniques to tease out the voice elements. It is free and was created for podcasts using different microphones to interview etc.) This has worked well for me in some Shakespeare play encodes where the music effects such military drum are poorly mixed and have different levels.

The Levelator is available here:

The Levelator from The Conversations Network

You drop a WAV file in that and the Levelator cooks it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.