Full range or not?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I like crossing a bit lower than the BS(-3)

dave

Hi, you mean XO at 497hz as i described earlier?
Or a completely new XO point below BS? I know you prefer to 'Xover' below BS but here i unable to do that.

Baffle width is 13inch so the BS point is 350hz and with 497hz LR2 rolloff begins at about 317hz(-3dB), little below BS point. Am I on the right track??

Regards
Nirupam

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201115-223139~2.png
    Screenshot_20201115-223139~2.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20201115-223518~2.png
    Screenshot_20201115-223518~2.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 62
Alright but you said that before already. But here my problem is i cant Xo at or below BS, my woofer isn't good below 100hz. So i don't want to sacrifice midbass area(100-350hz). LR2 already has a big dip(-6dB) at Xo point, so for 497hz Xo roll off starts at 317hz (-3dB). This is where i want to Xo but according to you this is not the right way :( 497hz maybe too high :(
My understanding was, if i cross at 497hz, -3dB point will be 317hz, so for 350 BS the sudden increase in amplitude will be cute down by -3dB or so.
I don't know now what should i do. :(

Regards
Nirupam

Last edited:
The speakers will be placed close to the corner of the room and against the walls.

Greets!

Hrm.........normally, no BSC required in such locations, especially if the cab is tuned to account for this extra boundary gain, so can use optimal XO point/slope and worst case is to at least temporarily use a cheap 15-25 ohm pot to shelve down the mids/HF to tonally balance it and if the extreme HF is too rolled off, then put a bypass cap around the pot or its resistor [grid] that replaced it. This is typical for tonally matching horns to point source drivers due to the extreme difference in efficiency, AKA 'CD horn EQ'.

Of course if the walls are thin/flimsy........never mind. :(

GM

edit: If active, then a 'piece-o-cake' to do as proven by no telling how many prosound [horn] speaker systems + those in use in HIFI/HT apps around the world.

Last edited:
Oh! I think i failed to interpret which planet10 wanted to say. I mean BS correction circuit; ESP way :cool:
Like this---
Cd>tone control>passive BS correction>Xo>amp.

'Cab tuned to account for this extra boundary gain', what do you mean? can you explain please? btw walls are thick and heavy :rolleyes: :)

Regards
Nirupam

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.