Full Range and the Semi-Open Baffle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just....be wary of 'rave reviews'. They're worthless. I bought Nuforce and Lowther products based on that and they were both a huge disappointment.

As opposed to internet forums?

I've heard a pair of ticonal PM5a's in a giant room and it was a beautiful experience, blew away any other fullrange implementation I've heard. I'm pretty sure with Lowthers its all in the implementation.

Just....be wary of 'rave reviews'. They're worthless. I bought Nuforce and Lowther products based on that and they were both a huge disappointment.

agree, best to find one that have similar " taste " as you and then investigate .

Slow and low complexity material - i listened once to fullrangers on
thin and large open baffles at a music show. Those baffles were neither
damped nor reinforced.

The room was full of ugly resonances while the audience was listening
to an LP with a blues singer, harmonica and guitar.

When playing an orchestra later, the tube amp and speaker salesman
told us, that the sonic result is so bad because the recording was
made digitally, giving the audience a knowledgeable smile.

I left the room and i knew exactly why.

This is not meant to disregard tube amplifiers or fullrange
speakers or even analog gear since i am very open to mostly
anything. But sometimes things go beyond my personal limits
of ridiculousness.

But why discuss, if there are people who enjoy such kind of
equipment ?

As long as they do not try to evangelize me, i also abandon
in doing so.

:drink:

We should have a Beer together one day, it's getting crazy out there and
Congrats on a good day... the dream ends with Argentina..... :):)

As opposed to internet forums?

Well, yes. That's why these forums are so useful. You still get plenty of bias (and some from me, ha), but alot of frankness too. You've got to sift to find Frank, but he's there.

Commercial reviews are all the same, no matter what is being reviewed. It's awesome it's great it's amazing. And no or little mention of any problems. That's why I like the PE customer reviews. Madisound needs a similar format.

Whenever I notice an intriguing product I come here. It's among a few places where I can get useful info.

Well, yes. That's why these forums are so useful. You still get plenty of bias (and some from me, ha), but alot of frankness too. You've got to sift to find Frank, but he's there.

Commercial reviews are all the same, no matter what is being reviewed. It's awesome it's great it's amazing. And no or little mention of any problems. That's why I like the PE customer reviews. Madisound needs a similar format.

Whenever I notice an intriguing product I come here. It's among a few places where I can get useful info.

See, in a review you know you can't trust people. On most forums the chances for subterfuge are much higher. Especially when mods are flogging products, as it promotes a culture of fear. Now I make my own opinions. Living in MN has provided me with the chances to hear lots of different systems. Data is good!

(also one of the reasons I hardly ever buy anything new)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.