Full DIY CD Transport based on old SANYO pickup

Hello.
I am a owner of 2 similar CD Transport/Player – C.E.C. CD3100 and Parasound CBD2000.
One time, the CD3100 is broken with damage of microcontroller. I took microcontroller board from Parasound and place it to CD3100
During repairing process, I build full new CD transport – new controller (ATMEGA32), new software on ARDUINO IDE, new servo board, new power supply. I only took the box and laser pickup from original device.
The work started at june 2020 and finished only now.
I post the result here.
The new and old mainboard
attachment.php
japan_russian.jpg

The complete device
attachment.php

new_device_cd.jpg

Last edited:
The power supply unit builded on R-Core transformer with low magnetic noise and magnetically isolated from chassis. Consist of 3 independed line for analog servo (+-15V), digital servo (+9V), display and control board (+9V), plus generate RESET signal for microcontroller. Snubbers, fast recovery diodes, ROE Caps on out - 4x2200mkF. No stabs on its.
http://forum.vegalab.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=384403&d=1606065917

The new firmware was fully wtitted on ARDUINO IDE with MIGHTYCORE addon for ATMEGA32.
Support new OLED graphic display 100x16, compatible with front panel of PARASOUND. The key functions are standart. Remote control also supported with base function (rewind, Play-pause-stop, Next/Prev track, repeat, Display on/off). Direct track select is not work (its unusing function for me). Display updates only change, so data flow on its only one time in second.
Not used a standart Arduino libraries. Work with display, keys, servo YM7121c, remote control interrups – all was write to work FAST. The SPI interface between ATMEGA and servo is optimized for minimum noise.
There is a navigation line on display, that shown a current laser position on the disc (my old dream!)
The result is on the pics. New firmware 20 times faster then stock.

Attachments

• compare_01.gif
    compare_01.gif
    134.2 KB · Views: 296
  • 07_control_assy_back.jpg
    07_control_assy_back.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 276
Standart SANYO servo board have some problems:
- Mixed signal and power grounds
- High noise power lines
- High noise at focus servo channel, that result is poor CD-R disk reading and high scratch-depending.
- High signal interference.
I was look at TL-1 board and thought – I want it.
So, in result the new board was created at EASYEDA. Scheme is full standart, excluding power supply. Two sides, low noise, grounds separate.
New board is – 10-20 time lower noise, much more lower SPDIF jitter, much better CD-R reading, and its look pretty.

Attachments

• BOARD_01.jpg
    BOARD_01.jpg
    1,023.4 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_20210828_072347.jpg
    IMG_20210828_072347.jpg
    969.4 KB · Views: 265
Wow this is amazing! Are the IC's of the control board you designed still available or did you harvest them from the old one? I'd be interested helping develop this further using available IC's, but I have a hard time finding the right parts/direction. Everything seems obsolete now, expect from some under documented 'all-in-one' Sunplus ICS (or those Acer Labs Inc ones, that are now acquired by Nvidia).

Great! Thank you so much! Do you have the design files for EASYEDA, I want to import it into to KiCad and gerbers are not editable as far as I know, also handy to generate a BOM. Anyway do you have a picture of the finished servo board (back and front) as a reference for the size of parts to order. Looking forward putting this together. Have you thought of putting your files on a git (github)? Thanks!

Great! Thank you so much! Do you have the design files for EASYEDA, I want to import it into to KiCad and gerbers are not editable as far as I know, also handy to generate a BOM. Anyway do you have a picture of the finished servo board (back and front) as a reference for the size of parts to order. Looking forward putting this together. Have you thought of putting your files on a git (github)? Thanks!
Sorry, project files is not for share.
Top and bottom board is attached.
About parts:
All SMD resistors are 1206 150R-220R.
All SMD Caps are ceramic NP0 0,1mkF Murata
All TH resistors are VISHAY MBA - MBB, but you can use any types of metal-filmed res.
All TH resistors below 10 Ohm is carbon.
Electrolytic Caps Are Nichicon KA or KT.
Bipolar electrolityc caps are any type /50Volts.
TH Caps is FKP2 (below 22nF) or MKT (bigger then 22nF) / 63 or 100V.
TH ceramic is only NP0
I am try to prepare part-list and place here late.

I dont think about GIT-hub, becouse i am a bad programmer, and a code is ugly.

Attachments

• Board_bottom.jpg
    Board_bottom.jpg
    969.4 KB · Views: 210
  • Board_top.jpg
    Board_top.jpg
    994.7 KB · Views: 191