• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: USB scopes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a couple of USB PC oscilloscopes up for grabs.
One is 10 mega samples/second the other is 20 mega samples/second.
These were prototypes so just looking to get back cost of components.
Time base max is 10uS for 20 meg part and 20uS for 10 meg part.
Bandwidth is around 3MHz so good enough for audio work.
Comes with PC software that includes analogue display plus FFT.
Usual +/- 3.3 volts max input but it can be vastly increased with x10 and x100 probes.
10 meg = £20 plus p+p
20 meg = £25 plus p+p
p+p is £4-20 to UK and £14 to rest of world.

KODAK-Digital-Still-Camera.jpg

KODAK-Digital-Still-Camera.jpg

Last edited:
I have the 20 meg board and loaded the software on an old Win 7 laptop. Everything seems to work. Hooking a probe up to the calibration points gives a square wave and feeding a sign wave from my phone looks good as well.

Nigel - For us newbies would you mind giving a few pointers on how you would use this scope to say measure the output of an amp that should be clipping around 5W?

You need to connect the scope to the output of the amplifier.
You then need to work what 5 watts is as a voltage on the output.
i.e. 5 watts into 8 ohms which is about 56 volts.
Put scope probe on x10 and scope on 500mV volts voltage range.
Click on display mode then run till escape pressed.
Clipping should occurr at +/- 1 division.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.