• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Ultra Rare Technics SB-7000A speakers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The best Technics ever made! hard to believe that once upon a time Technics made really good stuff. Really good dynamics, very punchy. and they seem to be way more efficient then there rating suggests!

Running these off a first gen Sonic T amp and these things get LOUD! switching to a DC300II and they get way loud before the amp ever runs out of power. Switching over to the Atma-Sphere proto's and wow the world just opens up! good imaging. with a x-over upgrade and some tweaks i bet these babies could be a contenda!

I have them listed on ebay at the moment. please feel free to look. I am open to offers for local sale, possible trades etc. cash is king however and will take first consideration.

I will ship these Via truck freight within the US. I can help to get some very reasonable rates.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110288115813&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=001

There are about 10 models of Technics that are clearly better. However, the SB-7000A is no slouch and is near the top of the normal consumer lineup. Much better than most people would guess. Watch out for tweeters, they are fragile. While their performance can probably justify the price, they regularly sell for 100.00-200.00 in exceptional condition. Perfomance can justify the price, resale value can't.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.