• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS:Tube pre as-is, to be repaired or as component source

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
First of all, please consider it weights 18Kgs, so shipping costs might be important. Got it second hand without ant schematic or manual. It has been identified as manufactured by Valab Taiwan.
It has 14 Sylvania OB2WA tubes and 3 12AU7A from Electro-harmonix.
8 transformers, very nice resistor attenuator,solid thick RCA's, Philips caps etc etc. Nicely cased in a clone chassis.
See pictures for evaluation, or ask components details by pvt msg.
It sounds extremely well but.....sometimes one tube starts glowing and sendind sparkling sounds from speakers. Not nice. Till now I changed the tube with a new one but after sometime another one is doing the same nasty noise..
When it makes it and you switch it off and the again on, the issue disappear. It happens randomely time to time. To give you a feeling last time it made this was about 10 playing hours ago.
For this reason I am not selling as fully functional but as-is. maybe you want to try to repair it (no schematic) or just use the nice parts for a new project?
it is 230 Volts set and will ship everywhere provided you understand that the costs would be huge(tell me zip and i will make offer).
I will pack it at my best to protect it.
I accept offers proposal by private message, maybe you can help me in setting the price, no clue about these parts costs. For sure the chassis is massive and could only itself value 80Euro, i guess.
Enjoy pics

Attachments

• DSCN1867.JPG
    DSCN1867.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 340
  • DSCN1845.JPG
    DSCN1845.JPG
    211.6 KB · Views: 330
  • DSCN1846.JPG
    DSCN1846.JPG
    211 KB · Views: 317
  • DSCN1849.JPG
    DSCN1849.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 308
  • DSCN1855.JPG
    DSCN1855.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 306
  • DSCN1857.JPG
    DSCN1857.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCN1859.JPG
    DSCN1859.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCN1860.JPG
    DSCN1860.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN1866.JPG
    DSCN1866.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCN1844.JPG
    DSCN1844.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 141
Joined 2003
Paid Member
It went unsold. I have put it today in the most famous generalistic auction site.i see it of interest for diyers that can probably solve the issue.due to the high weight i ship to europe, prefeably
I have reduced the price as well by a significant margin.
Seller name is different as i have not same name account there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.