• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Top of the Line Weiss Medea D/A Converter with Discrete Analog Output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did the upgrade to MEDEA+ for a friend and he gave me the older board.
Perfect working excellent condition WEISS board G14A0200 GAMBIT D/A.
There is no schematic, is up to you to discover the functionality of the connectors . Its not that hard for an experienced person.
Take a look at the pictures.
Asking 390€

Last edited:
FS: Top of the Line Weiss Medea D/A Converter with Discrete Analog Power Output

I did the upgrade to MEDEA+ for a friend and he gave me the older board.
Perfect working excellent condition WEISS board G14A0200 GAMBIT D/A.
This is a Zero Ohm Discrete output Power stage by Weiss engineering
There is no schematic, is up to you to discover the functionality of the connectors . Its not that hard for an experienced person.
Take a look at the pictures.
Asking 390€
IMG_0749_zpsvw9sayak.jpg

IMG_0752_zps2kkv2gaj.jpg

IMG_0753_zpsh7dhwflb.jpg

IMG_0754_zpsiwyxoibm.jpg

IMG_0747s_zpsvtevo6ch.jpg

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Not wanting to spoil the party but after 2.5 years it should be clear that wanting to sell an outdated board for 390 Euro (that also needs many hours finding out what is what) is somewhat unrealistic. There is probably some reverse engineering needed too as the connector is not standard, so one must design a board and have it produced to make use of this device. Having just one board produced is an expensive affair.

All in all a steep hill to take with so many affordable and excellent DACs around. Chances would change if the schematic or service manual was with it....and price was adapted to reality.

Last edited:
2.5 years?? That's already one sold my friend, that's another board and i have one more to come
Outdated????, if this is outdated so what is 1541 and the rest of the NOS chips that there is a whole community that use and swear about?
This is a Hi-End Professional DAC + Analog board from one of the most respectful manufacturers of Digital Audio all over the planet. Someone can feed the DAC chip with their own Receiver/ I2C/ whatever, and make use of the this magnificent analog output stage with Zero output impedance.
The project is not for everybody my friend, and i did have the opportunity to listen to it (as a complete DAC1/pro) and was by far better than any dac that reach my system and costing many thousands of Euros.
As a final word this is a DAC and analog stage of a machine costs 10000Euros at least so why 390Euros seems to high to U?

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
For the reasons stated above. It needs work and a board design which is fishing in the dark without schematics etc. Let me say that even if I would get it for free I would do nothing with it. The amount of hours involved would make it more difficult than designing a complete new device (one without Zero Ohm output impedance FWIW ;))

Cost of a device often is not related to quality, one pays of the brand name.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.