• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS Power Physics A-404 400 watt Class-D modules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have several Power Physics A-404 400 watt Class-D modules these are nice small modules, 400 watts at 4 ohms with 1200w peak power and 200 watts at 8 ohms with 600 watts peak power. I have a very very sparse datasheet with these but no details. I have at least 4 of these modules, maybe 6 or 8. Not sure what they are worth. looking for a reasonable offer for them that will convince me not to keep them ;) :D

Attachments

• PP404.jpg
    PP404.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 377
The A414 looks much smaller but may be the same thing. I need to email PP and see what they say. 7 of these are mounted on a plate with one power supply and were used for a major oem autosound maker and may have become the Mark Levinson autosound system?? not sure or maybe it was just used in the speaker testing part or ?? who knows. the power supply is supposed to run from 12V and converts to several voltages I saw +70 +/-15 +/-5 etc.

I was really hoping someone with knowledge of these would pop up!

I have been getting a lot of questions about asking price and Honestly i have NO idea what these are worth. I guess I have $50 each in my mind. maybe $75 for a power supply have no idea if that is fair. If someone has knowledge of retail prices for these please let me know.

I am open to $$ offers. no trades

Zc

Are these two channel each? 200W to 8 Ohm supplied with 68V?

Each module is single channel. 400w@4, 200W@8 and need +/-5V +15V and +70V as marked on the board.

I fired one up yesterday and got 380W at 4 ohms with massive power supply sag. My supply was just too small. so I have no doubt with a better power supply these will easily do 400W, I think they will actually do 500W @ 1% and 400W at .1% with a power supply that can supply well over 10 amps of current without sag.

It would be nice If i could find or build a +70 SMPS to run these from!!!

These appear to have balanced inputs and Bridged outputs. They seem to be really nice modules!

Last edited:
Hi Zero Cool,
I cannot understand why no one is taking these off your hands as they seem to be well worth investing some time on. They are not easy to get hold of either. I'm on the other side of the pond so the shipping costs would be prohibitive for me to make you an offer. Shame.
Good luck.

Hi Zero Cool,
I cannot understand why no one is taking these off your hands as they seem to be well worth investing some time on. They are not easy to get hold of either. I'm on the other side of the pond so the shipping costs would be prohibitive for me to make you an offer. Shame.
Good luck.

I am really quite confused by this also! Unless there is something about these that everyone is aware of that I am blind to?? They seem like very nice amp modules! Maybe it's the fact that someone would have to build their own power supply but surely for this crowd that should be no issue? There seem to be plenty of people here playing with Class-D? I am open to offers but haven't had even a single offer so I am quite puzzled!:confused: -Shrug-

Zc

Hello again,
if I remember correctly, did'nt the company give out free samples of a similar amp pcb at one of the Burning Amp festivals? I am not aware of any problems with the amps that have turned up. Weird! You could always try EBay.
Any idea how much you could get these shipped to the UK for?

Come on everyone, tell us why these class "D" modules are not attracting any offers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.