• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Plitron Balanced Power Transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
kilowattski said:
Plitron has 120v ct @ 18 amps for $94.22 CAD and could be used for the same thing. $200 is kind of steep.

http://www.plitron.com/shopping/specs/678003.pdf

Methinks you're looking at the wrong transformers there, kw. I couldn't actually see the ones that Jim has on the Plitron site, but the 2000VA's that I could find ranged from $290CA to over $600CA. The sheet that you posted indicated a weight of 7kgs, I didn't think you could get a proper 2000VA rating from something that was so light (my 625's weigh over 5kg each). At nearly 13kgs, I think Jims' toroid might be worth a little more than your trying to stitch him up for...

Cloth Ears said:

Methinks you're looking at the wrong transformers there, kw. I couldn't actually see the ones that Jim has on the Plitron site, but the 2000VA's that I could find ranged from $290CA to over $600CA. The sheet that you posted indicated a weight of 7kgs, I didn't think you could get a proper 2000VA rating from something that was so light (my 625's weigh over 5kg each). At nearly 13kgs, I think Jims' toroid might be worth a little more than your trying to stitch him up for...

Thanks Jont!

kilowattski said:

I couldn't read that one (comes up with a shopping error). The one Peter pointed to has the same spec sheet as the article pointed to by Jim, so I'd guess that's the right one.

KW, sorry about the "stitching up" jibe earlier, I was hurrying off to a meeting at the time (and words sometimes mysteriously appear on emails that might cause offence)...:sorry:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.