• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Pair of AN 5K SE output transformers for 45 tube

Primary and secondary wires are not connected :)
Why don't you people visit Audio Note website instead of asking nonsensical questions? The seller didn't make those transformers and it wasn't a special order. He either bought it on faith only (like most of Audio Note customers) or upgraded Paladin amp with C-Core trans and is selling E-core basic model.
All Audio Note OPTs follow the same color coded connection diagram.

I've been on AN website. I didn't find any info about those particular transformers but then what info do I really need ? They are 5k -4-8 Ohm OPts for 45 tube . You probably should not use 300B or 845 PSE with them. Copy AN circuit with 6SL7 -45 and typical operating points and you can have $5k amp for below $1k expenditure. I think AN makes the best transformers in the world but their prices are absurd thanks to Asian idiots with more money than brain (in audio sense ) in Honk Conk and other such places

I'm keen on Audio Note and know their business model. They sell $30k pair of silver trans and offer almost no info regarding their specs.
This thread amuses me because of its " specs oriented character " . I didn't check Seller's background here which is the first thing to do while buying on swap meet. Some people can't suffer tire kickers and DIY folk is known to be a master class in this. Did any of you make that guy an offer BTW ?

Specs are important, if he knows that is, but can say otherwise. An 5K transformer can have anywhere from 10H to 40H of inductance at various frequencies. I get the allure of Audio Note magic being an owner myself of speakers and iron but I also want to know if the low end will perform decently well or spectacular.
I did PM to work up an offer and no reply, slight sketchy.

Specs are important, if he knows that is, but can say otherwise. An 5K transformer can have anywhere from 10H to 40H of inductance at various frequencies. I get the allure of Audio Note magic being an owner myself of speakers and iron but I also want to know if the low end will perform decently well or spectacular.
I did PM to work up an offer and no reply, slight sketchy.
There isn't much sense talking about low end in the context of 45 SET amp but it's only my subjective opinion.

But it's entertaining. Erik was selling here a pair of silver super perma opts for 1k Euro. Last time I checked AN prices they were 10.000 GBP each. I held my breath for two weeks and said fock it. They are out of this world.
I asked AN for those transformer copper frames you see on the picture. AN said 50 GBP each . It must be copper plated silver for that price.