• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS- Pair Coral Holey-Basket Fullrange drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pair of Coral Holey-basket fullrange drivers from the 60's. These are marked Sony and are 8 ohms. I have had many pairs of these over the years and these are absolutely the nicest pair I have seen...

They are 8 ohms and sound great. Alnico magnets and nice soft surrounds.

These are great drivers and quite hard to find.

$95 plus shipping. Paypal or bank transfer. Ships from Vienna, Austria.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5506.jpg
    IMG_5506.jpg
    1,000 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_5511.jpg
    IMG_5511.jpg
    983.5 KB · Views: 577
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I have found soft surrounds on these are rare, so that makes these special.

I have measured some of the ones i have had and they are about 91.5-92.5dB but subject to aging so there will be a fairly large variance and these all had stiff surrounds so Fs is up and that likely affects the sensitivity. I’d guess more typically 88-89 dB for really good ones.

dave

I have had 8-10 pairs of these pass through the shop over the last 15 years of so and these are the best examples I have seen up until now...

I was saving them for a project but we are moving house and I will probably never get to them.

I would estimate Dave is right, 89 or so db, makes sense when comparing them to my FE103's.

The surrounds still have a rubber feel to them, I have no idea what they covered the cloth with back then but these have withstood the test of time very well.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
:cop:
Inappropriate posts removed.

Merlin, are you asking about the sensitivity? I haven't measured, perhaps planet10 has but I would guess about 86-88dB/watt. They really are quite a nice little driver. Those and a helper woofer make sweet music for smaller areas.

Yes Cal, in Spanish is the same word.

I have found soft surrounds on these are rare, so that makes these special.

I have measured some of the ones i have had and they are about 91.5-92.5dB but subject to aging so there will be a fairly large variance and these all had stiff surrounds so Fs is up and that likely affects the sensitivity. I’d guess more typically 88-89 dB for really good ones.

dave

Thanks Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.