• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Magico 7” 4 ohm, 4 pcs.

I never said that the driver has to be perfectly pistonic all the way up to 7-8kHz. It just has remain flat until it's main bell-mode breakup.

SB Acoustics SB17NBAC35-8 | HiFiCompass

Does a good job for a hard cone but isn't perfect.

ScanSpeak 18W/8531G00 | HiFiCompass

Does a good job for a soft cone but isn't perfect.

You asked me what I would consider 'special' so I told you.

But rather the phrase 'nothing special' is an English phrase meaning it's just normal nothing to make you stop and look again. As in this frequency response of the magico driver is nothing special meaning the frequency response alone isn't showing why the driver would be worth $8000.

There are some bobbles and wiggles around the 1-3kHz mark in the impedance plots that have higher resolution (the ones for I&II). Again this is nothing special.

SB Acoustics SB17NBAC35-8 | HiFiCompass

Does a good job for a hard cone but isn't perfect.

I do not know what your knowledge of speaker design is, but to summarize, there are only two manufacturers doing "hard cone":

Seas Excel with magnesium cone and Accuton.

SB Acoustic good drivers for their price no more..

But rather the phrase 'nothing special' is an English phrase meaning it's just normal nothing to make you stop and look again. As in this frequency response of the magico driver is nothing special meaning the frequency response alone isn't showing why the driver would be worth $8000.

Magico speakers are special:
1. Cone, the price for this cone Magico is higher than the drivers you listed.
2. Underhung magnet system, titanium former 3" with copper sleeve, give me an example of another driver with such a magnetic system that you can buy in a market today.
3. The cost of spare parts for the Magico driver is about 10 times higher than the speakers that are sold in the market today for $200.
4. It makes Magico drivers special. Not measurements...

the driver would be worth $8000.

$8000 for 4 driver it means $2000 per driver.

P.S. Guys please... I do not like to argue or prove something, if you want to buy, then I will try to answer the questions asked...

Last edited:
I do not know what your knowledge of speaker design is, but to summarize, there are only two manufacturers doing "hard cone":

Seas Excel with magnesium cone and Accuton.

SB Acoustic good drivers for their price no more..

Really? Amazing knowledge you have there.

Magico speakers are special:
1. Cone, the price for this cone Magico is higher than the drivers you listed.
2. Underhung magnet system, titanium former 3" with copper sleeve, give me an example of another driver with such a magnetic system that you can buy in a market today.
3. The cost of spare parts for the Magico driver is about 10 times higher than the speakers that are sold in the market today for $200.
4. It makes Magico drivers special. Not measurements...

What a turd of marketing blurb and non-sense.

What a turd of marketing blurb and non-sense.

There are people who can afford to buy a Casio watch, there are people who can afford to buy a Rolex watch.

Usually people with Casio watch think people with Rolex watch are fools.
Question: if a person wears a Casio watch all his life, will he be able to buy a Rolex? He will continue to wear Casio or not?

To what extent do our financial capabilities determine our worldview?

People who did not hold a driver more than $100 in their hands, have an opinion about driver that are more expensive than $500? Is it self-deception or something else?

Envy? Envy is not good...

The difference here is that a Rolex and Casio both tell the time with just as much accuracy. In fact the Casio might be even better in that regard. The point of a watch is to tell the time. The point of a drive unit is to convert electrical energy into sound energy with the greatest accuracy. A Rolex attempts to looks pretty, and has a pedigree behind it, but if all you want to do is tell the time it's a massive waste of money.

So far we have no evidence that the Magico driver is any better at converting electrical energy into sound energy than drivers costing $50-100. With a Rolex you are paying for something that looks pretty, the Magico is just another driver.

I'm not crapping on his thread just for the sake of it I'm doing it with a purpose. The point I'm trying to make is that pretty much all members of this website (unless someone registers just to buy them) will not pay anywhere near this amount.

If Stich wants to generate genuine interest he will have to lower the price significantly. $100-200 per driver.

When you've got Purifi, SEAS Excel mk2, Scanspeak Ellipticor and Satori drivers, fully documented, and measured, on websites like HiFicompass people will buy those instead because they know what they are getting.

If Stitch makes measurements, like on Hificompass, and we see the Magico drivers are comparable, then he could charge an amount like the above mentioned drivers. But if he tries to charge more then people will just go back to the usual fare.

The only way Stitch will make a sale at $2000 per driver is if he gets an audiophool drooling.

He could send one to HiFicompass. I'm sure they'd be quite happy to measure them.

The difference here is that a Rolex and Casio both tell the time with just as much accuracy. In fact the Casio might be even better in that regard

Yes.

So far we have no evidence that the Magico driver is any better at converting electrical energy into sound energy than drivers costing $50-100. With a Rolex you are paying for something that looks pretty, the Magico is just another driver.

You want to think so.

Like a lot of stuff for sale , just find a fool willing to give the asking price ;

So far I've only found fools... The search is continuous...

Seems these drivers should be listed on ebay instead of here.

Thanks. A problem i don't have account on Ebay, and i cannot start with first lot with price $8k, in this forum I've sold a couple of things in the past...

Stop ******** on his for sale thread. If you don't like the price walk on by. It's not the morality dept it's a for sale thread.

Glwts

Many thanks. I have asked for this several times, but I guess my eglish is very bad...

I'm not crapping on his thread just for the sake of it I'm doing it with a purpose. The point I'm trying to make is that pretty much all members of this website (unless someone registers just to buy them) will not pay anywhere near this amount.

1. These are your speculations, I also think you have a lot of free time and do not have the opportunity to buy a speaker for more than $100.

If Stich wants to generate genuine interest he will have to lower the price significantly. $100-200 per driver.

So that you have enough money to buy drivers Magico? I do not do charity work, sorry.

When you've got Purifi, SEAS Excel mk2, Scanspeak Ellipticor and Satori drivers, fully documented, and measured, on websites like HiFicompass people will buy those instead because they know what they are getting.

Is this the limit of your dreams?

If Stitch makes measurements, like on Hificompass, and we see the Magico drivers are comparable, then he could charge an amount like the above mentioned drivers. But if he tries to charge more then people will just go back to the usual fare.

2. I repeat: These are your speculations, I also think you have a lot of free time and do not have the opportunity to buy a speaker for more than $100.

The only way Stitch will make a sale at $2000 per driver is if he gets an audiophool drooling.

Don't think for me, it's none of your business, take care of your life.

He could send one to HiFicompass. I'm sure they'd be quite happy to measure them.

I'm not interested in what anyone wants, I sell drivers.

Measurements that I did this in order to show that they are in my presence and that they are working.

+1

Because most of the cost of any commercial loudspeaker comes from the price of the cabinets. Even more so with speakers like the Magico with their advanced, elaborate, aluminium construction. Cabinets weigh a lot and are bulky, even shipping them safely adds in a lot of additional cost.

Just look at other designs by Wilson, for example, they use typical drivers from Scanspeak, SEAS, SB Acoustics. We know how much those drivers cost and their speakers cost tens of thousands of pounds. Why? Their advanced phenolic/epoxy cabinet construction.

This was never intended to be funny.

Because most of the cost of any commercial loudspeaker comes from the price of the cabinets. Even more so with speakers like the Magico with their advanced, elaborate, aluminium construction. Cabinets weigh a lot and are bulky, even shipping them safely adds in a lot of additional cost.

Just look at other designs by Wilson, for example, they use typical drivers from Scanspeak, SEAS, SB Acoustics. We know how much those drivers cost and their speakers cost tens of thousands of pounds. Why? Their advanced phenolic/epoxy cabinet construction.

This was never intended to be funny.

Since my topic about selling drivers has crossed all the boundaries of reason, I want to ask what kind of speakers you have and if they cost more than $1000 can you make a photo of loudspeakers?

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Guys, why are we harassing Stich? He’s already provided more info than some speaker driver manufacturers. You got what you are looking for and you had your fun poking at the driver’s response. Now let’s move along. There are plenty of things that exist simply because there is a market for it, from cars to 100k plus turntables. Let the buyers decide what they want to pay for these drivers.

Why? A guy who drives a Chevy can know a lot more about a Ferrari than the guy who drives the Ferrari. The only thing in this thread beyond reason is the price of those drivers.

No, he can not. there are many advisers with theoretical experience on the forums.

A 10db boost at 5khz is a good driver?

For example, like you, with one sentence you showed that you do not understand anything in the drivers. Seaas and Accuton have cone break +10-15dB and them good drivers.

Guys, why are we harassing Stich? He’s already provided more info than some speaker driver manufacturers. You got what you are looking for and you had your fun poking at the driver’s response. Now let’s move along. There are plenty of things that exist simply because there is a market for it, from cars to 100k plus turntables. Let the buyers decide what they want to pay for these drivers.

Thank you, I don’t understand what they want from me, as I said earlier, I don’t do charity work, what else can you want from me?