• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: KT88SE (Mikael Abdellah)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Asking $950 plus shipping. (continental U.S. only)

This is a high quality, hand-made amp. It has selectable triode and ultra-linear modes. Triode mode has about 5 watts per channel and ultra-linear mode has about 10 watts per channel. Both are plenty loud to fill any size of room. I used this amp on speakers that were 89dB sensitive ( Advent 5012 ) and it provided sweet, detailed highs and warm, fat bass. Very quiet too.

The amp has a switch on the back to change bias so you can use both KT88 and EL34/6CA7 tubes. The UL/triode mode toggle is on the top between the power tubes.

Includes one matched duet of 6CA7 EH power tubes. And includes (2) 6N1P driver tubes (Sovtek) and (1) 6GU7 (NOS RCA) driver tube.
Rectifier tube is a 5AR4

I built this amp 3 years ago and it has performed flawlessly. I have never had a single problem with it.

You will see in the photo, there is a visible dent on the front left edge. That came from the brake press operator at my workplace who formed the panel. He accidentally bumped the press at the wrong spot and made a little crease. I got used to it and it adds character.

Premium parts were used extensively.
-Stainless steel chassis with 6 coats of sage green hammertone paint.
- Edcor transformers and choke
- Jantzen Superior-Z coupling capacitors (photo shows previous KimberKaps)
- Solen and F&T filter caps
- Neutrik input sockets
- brass fasteners for a quality, vintage appearance
- amber colored Fender amp style jewel power lamp (matches the tube glow perfectly).

The amp weighs 47 pounds.

This amp has a volume knob, so no preamp is necessary if you only have one source component.

Thanks for looking.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

IMG_9613_zpsrjfkjnve.jpg

Last edited:
Asking $1,200 plus shipping. (continental U.S. only)

This is a high quality, hand-made amp. It has selectable triode and ultra-linear modes. Triode mode has about 5 watts per channel and ultra-linear mode has about 10 watts per channel. Both are plenty loud to fill any size of room. I used this amp on speakers that were 89dB sensitive ( Advent 5012 ) and it provided sweet, detailed highs and warm, fat bass. Very quiet too.

The amp has a switch on the back to change bias so you can use both KT88 and EL34/6CA7 tubes.
The UL/triode mode toggle is on the top between the power tubes.

Includes one matched duet of KT88 EH (electro-harmonix) and a matched duet of 6CA7 EH power tubes. And includes (2) 6N1P driver tubes (Sovtek) and (1) 6GU7 (NOS RCA) driver tube.
Rectifier tube is a 5AR4

I built this amp 3 years ago and it has performed flawlessly. I have never had a single problem with it.

You will see in the photo, there is a visible dent on the front left edge. That came from the brake press operator at my workplace who formed the panel. He accidentally bumped the press at the wrong spot and made a little crease. I got used to it and it adds character.

Premium parts were used extensively.
-Stainless steel chassis with 6 coats of sage green hammertone paint.
- Edcor transformers and choke
- Jantzen Superior-Z coupling capacitors (photo shows previous KimberKaps)
- Solen and F&T filter caps
- Neutrik input sockets
- cloth wire for high voltage runs.
- Premium speaker jacks.
- brass fasteners for a quality, vintage appearance
- amber colored Fender amp style jewel power lamp (matches the tube glow perfectly).

The amp weighs 47 pounds.

This amp has a volume knob, so no preamp is necessary if you only have one source component.

Thanks for looking.

The links don't work...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.