• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS Complete Buffalo III Dual Mono DAC kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

lwr

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Complete Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono DAC kit with all upgrades and options. All modules are new / unassembled in original packing, at more than 33% off.

Two Buffalo III 8-channel DAC boards with AVCC Dual Shunt Regulator, Trident 3.3V and 1.2V Shunt Regulators. $250 ea.

Two Legato 3.1 Discrete Balanced I/V Stages with output buffers. $75 ea

Two Placid HD BP2.1 Bipolar Shunt Regulated Power Supplies. $60 ea
Two Toroidal Power Transformers for above. $17 ea

Two Placid HD BP2.1 Shunt Regulated Power Supplies. $39 ea
Two Toroidal Power Transformers for above. $15 ea

One S/PDIF 4:1 Mux/Receiver Module. $85

One Sidecar S/PDIF/PCM Switch Module. $23

One Teleporter Module Pair. $59

I defer any questions you may have about the kit to the excellent 84 page Buffalo III/IIISE DAC Integration Guide at http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/doc...-Buffalo_III_DAC_Integration_Guide_V2.1.3.pdf

Buyers pay PayPal and shipping

lwr

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Update

Sold Buffalo IIIs, Placid HDBPs and transformers, Placid HDs and transformers.

Now have the following Twisted Pear modules for sale. All modules are new / unassembled in original packing, at more than 33% off.

One Ventus EZ V1.0.0 Headphone Amp. $46

One Ventus V2.0 Headphone Amp. $49

One IVY III Balanced Linestage. $58

One Low Current Dual Power Supply V2.0. $36

One Placid HD V1.0 Shunt Regulated Power Supply. $35
One Toroidal Power Transformer for above. $15

I defer any questions you may have about the kit to the excellent 84 page Buffalo III/IIISE DAC Integration Guide by Leon van Bommel that is available on line at http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/doc...-Buffalo_III_DAC_Integration_Guide_V2.1.3.pdf

lwr

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Update

Sold Buffalo IIIs, Placid HDBPs and transformers, Placid HDs and transformers, and IVY III Balanced Linestage.

Now have the following Twisted Pear modules for sale. All modules are new / unassembled in original packing, at more than 33% off.

I defer any questions you may have about the kit to the excellent 84 page Buffalo III/IIISE DAC Integration Guide by Leon van Bommel that is available on line at http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/docs...ide_V2.1.3.pdf

lwr

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Updated list of Twisted Pear modules for sale

Sold Buffalo IIIs, Placid HDBPs and transformers, Placid HDs and transformers, IVY III Balanced Linestage, Sidecar S/PDIF/PCM Switch Module, and S/PDIF 4:1 Mux/Receiver Module.

I defer any questions you may have about the kit to the excellent 84 page Buffalo III/IIISE DAC Integration Guide by Leon van Bommel that is available on line at http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/docs...ide_V2.1.3.pdf

lwr

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Updated list of Twisted Pear modules for sale

Sold Buffalo IIIs, Placid HDBPs and transformers, Placid HDs and transformers, IVY III Balanced Linestage, Sidecar S/PDIF/PCM Switch Module, S/PDIF 4:1 Mux/Receiver Module, and Low Current Dual Power Supply V2.0.

Last edited:

lwr

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Question on Ventus 2.0 Headphone Amp

I'm interested One Ventus V2.0 Headphone Amp. $49, volume control must be digital or can I use stepped attenuator between the source and the headphone amp?

Hi merlin el mago,

Either way would work, but I prefer to use stepped attenuators in my own set up because of the concern that digital attenuation compromises the bit depth. However, high quality stepped attenuators are relatively expensive, and digital attenuators are often built into players such as the OPPOs that I use.

Best Regards,
Wayne

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.