• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Bespoke full range loudspeakers with Jordan drivers and Paul Smith fabric - UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These speakers were a labour of love and a high watermark in my product design. They have been featured on various online blogs and without exception everyone who has seen them in the flesh has been captivated by their unique look. It was a project that culminated in over a year of research and prototyping ending in commissioning a highly respected cabinet maker and upholsterer to realise the design.

These speakers would appeal to anyone interested in full range / wide band drivers, that is a design without crossover where a single driver handles all the information from the amplifier. I can also supply a pair of BSC circuits that can be plugged into the terminals but I used them without. They use a version of the highly regarded JX92 full range driver, developed and refined by British audio engineer Ted Jordan over his 40 year career. They employ a dual chamber bass reflex design, used to extract a great deal of tuneful bass from the single driver which also helps brace the cabinet internally so that it is structurally very stiff.

The 18mm MDF carcass is wrapped in 12mm sold American Walnut. The front baffle is completed using Paul Smith syncopated stripe fabric. The rear terminals are CNC'd from solid aluminium with 4mm binding posts. When I say these are unique speakers I am not understating this. When you consider that the fabric alone retails for £150 per linear meter, the enclosure is wrapped in 12mm solid Walnut and the whole thing was built by a cabinet maker you won't be surprised to find these speakers cost in excess of £2000 to bring to life.

Why do I want to sell them? Perhaps want isn't the right word, but I am a compulsive tinkerer and there are many projects I would like to do next and sadly I don't have room to keep all of them hence the sale.

I would like to recoup some of my original investment so they are priced at £900 for the pair

I am happy to demonstrate them and have a Naim system, you are more than welcome to bring your own to test. Collection preferred as these are heavy, large and delicate. I am between Aylesbury and Oxford so you can collect or I can bring them to you within reason.

• Impedence 8 Ohms
• Power handling 35 watts ~ 75 watts(Max)
• Frequency response 40Hz ~ 20Khz
• X-max 8.5mm
• Sensitivity 87dB 1W/1m
• Dimensions 206mm x 229mm x 910mm

Attachments

• RYD_007.png
    RYD_007.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 499
  • RYD_001.jpg
    RYD_001.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 498
  • RYD_002.jpg
    RYD_002.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 478
  • RYD_003.jpg
    RYD_003.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 482
  • RYD_004.jpg
    RYD_004.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 478
  • RYD_005.jpg
    RYD_005.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 245
  • RYD_006.jpg
    RYD_006.jpg
    554.7 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.