• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Audio Electronics AE-3 tube preamp (as-is)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This has been collecting dust for a few years. I thought someone might want to take a stab at repairing it (there's a buzz in the audio outputs that a tube swap didn't fix) and continue to enjoy it. It served me well for many years as my tube (pair of 6SN7's) preamp for an Ayre V-3 solid state amp - they sounded great together. I upgraded a lot of parts inside, you can see the Jensen copper/oil 0.22uF caps, but you'll probably want to replace those big Hovland 5.0 uF caps - they were all the rage back in the early 2000's!

Or, you might want to gut it and use it as a chassis for your tube preamp design and maybe scavenge a part or two from it. I will include the original build manual as shown.

Sold

Attachments

• AE1.jpg
    AE1.jpg
    802.5 KB · Views: 156
  • AE2.jpg
    AE2.jpg
    618.7 KB · Views: 148
  • AE3.jpg
    AE3.jpg
    771.4 KB · Views: 146
  • AE4.jpg
    AE4.jpg
    678.8 KB · Views: 150
  • AE5.jpg
    AE5.jpg
    771 KB · Views: 146
  • AE6.jpg
    AE6.jpg
    651.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.